Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default no luck with mouseover

I would expect the states to turn gray as I mouse over them in this doc. No such luck. I've done this in wd in the past and I think I'm using the same technique now, but...
    Thanks in advance for any help.
    John
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: no luck with mouseover

Layers: outline and state lines are not *lines* when exported to .png's - they are rectangular bitmaps which, while transparent, are covering the mouseoff state bitmaps layer and therefore the link and subsequent 'mouseover' action will not work.
    MouseOff and MouseOver need to be on-top.

thanks, that makes sense. I've done that in this attachment, but now I seem to get multiple states mousing over w/out any apparent reason. Even if I mouse around carefully so as not get into the "rectangle" of an adjoining state I still seem to get an undesirable effect. I guess I could overcome the interstate issue by creating 48 clipviews of the states with the individual interstate portions for each state, but I don't want to do that work if I can't overcome this somewhat random mouseover effect. Is there another trick that anyone can think of. what I really want is to constrain the mouseover effect to EXACTLY the border of the state.
    Thanks again,
    John
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by cubswinn View Post
    what I really want is to constrain the mouseover effect to EXACTLY the border of the state.
    You cannot do this natively in Xtreme or XWD as this requires the use of 'image maps' which can work to exact co-ords. Your states are exported as bitmaps (*.png) which are always rectangular but with transparent pixels where the border edge ends - never-the-less they are still rectangular bitmaps which will overlay an adjoining bitmap at some point.
    It can be done with flash though. Egg Bramhill has shown this in a recent thread.