Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default picture quality poor

I am using Xara Xtreme trail version.Why is the picture quality poor as soon as i put the pictures in 3 D and what can i do to prevent loss of quality of pictures in 3 D mode?

Default Re: picture quality poor

There shouldn't be a drop in quality. Can you attach your xar file?
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I had this happen a number of times as well, but it seemed that if I scrolled the window off screen and back on it was fine until I adjusted the item again. I can't seem to reproduce the problem at this point, so I don't know what causes/caused it. I am on the CD version of Pro5.

here is a example i attached the original picture and the 3D one and the latter seemed to be blurred
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi Jason,

You are applying a 3D extrude to an object which is already a bitmap. Bitmaps are not scalable like vectors and will always show some detail loss when the resolution is altered.
    When the extrude is applied, a bevel profile, gloss/matt and 'lights' are enabled which allow further adjustment. These are all available from the 3D tool info bar (once the extrude tool is active)
    You will be able to retain some quality when you correctly adjust these settings to your liking.

I have made the document background dark to show the original object (left) bitmap area and your extruded object (right) with adjusted bevel and lighting..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jason731209.jpg 
Views:	225 
Size:	18.9 KB 
ID:	64135

Hi Jason, depending on what you want to do with the graphic, the quality might be ok. To remove the background, draw a circle with the ellipse tool and pressing the Ctrl key,to get a perfect circle, make it the same size as the ball, minus the shadow, and select the ball and the circle. In the arrange menu choose Combine Shapes.../Intersect shapes (Ctrl + 3). Export the result as a .png file with alpha transparency.
    As you can see from the attached graphics, it looks ok.
    Alternatively, you could try drawing your own.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	diy.png 
Views:	182 
Size:	70.7 KB 
ID:	64152  
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Thank you it worked

Makes a nice clock (this is my attempt at a redraw - not using original bitmap, as if that wasn't obvious).

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ball clock.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	36.8 KB 
ID:	64160