Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Animation question

Cheers Doc, that's a bummer. It doesn't work in Google Chrome either. Have to see if I can find a workaround.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

They don't work on Chrome or Opera, either. I've been testing my sites on all four (I.E., Firefox, Chrome & Opera) without problems so this must be something peculiar to this particular page.

Hi Charlie, I've got it working but with a workaround, namely placing the buttons on the swf file. Not very practical though. You'll need to refresh the page to see the alteration.

I find that XX doesn't handle swf files to well if they're more than just a straight forward animation but this isn't anything to difficult so I'm surprised it's giving problems. Basically it stops at the last frame which has nothing in it, so the buttons underneath become visible but unfortunately in all other browsers apart from IE not functional
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 26 July 2009 at 07:55 PM.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Great but I can't understand why the buttons don't work in Firefox but do in IE. Can anyone else try it for me? I've attached the link below:

LINK
    Hi

I am using IE8 and tried the link
    Can see buttons but no mouseover effect at all!

In firefox the buttons change color on mouseover, but no text

Ike

Hi Ike,

It appears there is not mouse over change on the initial page. Using FF3 and IE8 the button colour does not change unless the current page is other than the index.html page.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

I got the original problem solved by making the placeholder 99% transparent and the last few frames of the animation blank. But, now I’m also having the problem with the links not working. In my case, it’s the photo popups. The buttons do work. As with Egg, they work in I.E. but not Chrome, Firefox or Opera. I suspect what’s happening is that FF & Opera are reading the placeholder on top of the thumbnails, which it is, of course, so the animation comes on top of them, preventing the cursor from selecting the thumbnail. For some reason in I.E. this isn’t happening. Or, something else is going on. Did anyone come up with a solution? BTW, I posted the page at: http://bobstonebraker.com/studio.htm. (Couldn't get the file to upload.)

Yes, I must apologise, in IE once the swf went to a blank frame the rollovers and on click actions worked but not in other browsers. I carried on messing about & updating the file to see if I could find a workaround. I should have used a different file !!! Sorry Ike & Bill.
    Egg

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Great but I can't understand why the buttons don't work in Firefox but do in IE. Can anyone else try it for me? I've attached the link below:

LINK
    I guess you have made some changes Egg because your link works the same in all browsers for me?

1. 6 Bombs drop
    2. 3 grey buttons appear and are all active but no mouseover colour at first
    3. Clicking any button loads linked index2.htm / products.htm or contacts.htm
    4. All buttons then show yellow mouseover thereafter.

IE8 / Chrome / FF3 / Opera 9 and 10