Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Animation question

I’d like to do an animation that consumes about 2/3 of the page that happens once and then disappears and the main elements of the page will then appear in the area previously used by the animation. I’m entering a room, the animation shows the portal first far off, getting larger, then going white and disappearing, leaving the page content. I can do the animation but so far, all the animations I’ve done repeat continuously. Is there a setting for just once through that I’ve missed?

Default Re: Animation question

Quote Originally Posted by charliescoffee View Post
    Is there a setting for just once through that I’ve missed?
    There is - and you have

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	play-animation-once.png 
Views:	220 
Size:	25.9 KB 
ID:	64102

Sledger, I’ve been using Xara for over 10 years, and the things I do I can do pretty well, but it’s such a big program that sometimes I feel like I’m a total novice. I’ve been spending some time lately getting to know more about the program, areas of the software I haven’t discovered yet. Not just animations, either, which I’ve only been doing for a couple of months now. I was just watching some tutorials that Egg did a couple of years ago, It’s unbelievable, but there are buttons on my screen that have been there and visible for a decade that I’m still discovering. Well, as they say, more will be revealed. Anyway, thanks! (Again.)

Yes, I know what you mean Charles.

We tend to see only what we need and block out the rest.
    Don't worry - I still learn something every day too - recalling it when I need it though - that's something else

It just occurred to me, if I put the placeholder behind the other material, won't the animation be behind this, too. If I put it in front, will it block out the other material after the single loop? If I make the placeholder smaller, won't the animation be smaller, too?

How about making the placeholder 99% transparent and in your animation copy the last frame and make all the elements 99% transparent. I have just tested this out and it seems to do what I think you are trying to achieve. Please excuse the crude 'web page' and 'animation' I just wanted to test the principle.
    See http://graphics-junction.co.uk/anitest/index.htm
    Attached Files Attached Files

It will work, you just need nothing on your final frame. All other frames require a background rectangle (here they're white) to hide your buttons. If you don't want to have the visitor return to the animation create a duplicate page but without the animation. Don't forget to place all the files in the same folder to view correctly.

EDIT: Strangely this works in IE but not Firefox

SEE HERE
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 26 July 2009 at 02:12 PM.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Yes, this sounds like it will work. I'm not quite sure about the purpose of the duplicate page, though. I'm just back at work and will be playing with this in a bit, but I now think I'll be able to make it work. I'll post results later. Many thanks!

Great but I can't understand why the buttons don't work in Firefox but do in IE. Can anyone else try it for me? I've attached the link below:

LINK
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I get the same as you Egg, in IE the buttons are active and link to other pages but in Firefox the mouseover has no effect and clicking on the buttons has no effect.