Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Animation question

I’d like to do an animation that consumes about 2/3 of the page that happens once and then disappears and the main elements of the page will then appear in the area previously used by the animation. I’m entering a room, the animation shows the portal first far off, getting larger, then going white and disappearing, leaving the page content. I can do the animation but so far, all the animations I’ve done repeat continuously. Is there a setting for just once through that I’ve missed?

Default Re: Animation question

Quote Originally Posted by charliescoffee View Post
    Is there a setting for just once through that I’ve missed?
    There is - and you have

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	play-animation-once.png 
Views:	220 
Size:	25.9 KB 
ID:	64102

Sledger, I’ve been using Xara for over 10 years, and the things I do I can do pretty well, but it’s such a big program that sometimes I feel like I’m a total novice. I’ve been spending some time lately getting to know more about the program, areas of the software I haven’t discovered yet. Not just animations, either, which I’ve only been doing for a couple of months now. I was just watching some tutorials that Egg did a couple of years ago, It’s unbelievable, but there are buttons on my screen that have been there and visible for a decade that I’m still discovering. Well, as they say, more will be revealed. Anyway, thanks! (Again.)

Yes, I know what you mean Charles.

We tend to see only what we need and block out the rest.
    Don't worry - I still learn something every day too - recalling it when I need it though - that's something else

It just occurred to me, if I put the placeholder behind the other material, won't the animation be behind this, too. If I put it in front, will it block out the other material after the single loop? If I make the placeholder smaller, won't the animation be smaller, too?

How about making the placeholder 99% transparent and in your animation copy the last frame and make all the elements 99% transparent. I have just tested this out and it seems to do what I think you are trying to achieve. Please excuse the crude 'web page' and 'animation' I just wanted to test the principle.
    See http://graphics-junction.co.uk/anitest/index.htm
    Attached Files Attached Files