Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default A gold plaque - using Gary's tutorial?

I am trying to create a professional looking gold plaque for a charity and did the steps from Gary's tutorial at: http://www.xaraxone.com/webxealot/wo...workbook_2.htm

Another option for this would be a classy looking marble plaque.

I think it came out ok, but I also think I could do better, it could look smoother and more professional I believe.

I have attached the .xar file, and the .gif of what I came up with, if anyone has any ideas, I would surely appreciate it.

BTW, Thanks for the many GREAT tutorials from Gary Priester, I could say that going through and doing Gary's tutorials is what has allowed me to create some decent work (i'm not a graphic artist).
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: A gold plaque - using Gary's tutorial?

Select your photo with the relief effect applied and with the Live Effect Tool selected, go to the dpi settings to the right of the edit button up on the info bar. Yours is set to Automatic. Change this to 300 dpi. This should improve things.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

When I pulled your file to pieces, there were 2 things I noticed.
    The original graphic was very small. I resized it considerably and made a new bitmap copy of that.
    Also, the tree and the rest of the graphic had a grey fill and background. I changed the fill to none, and used the Mehdi Eraser Classic in Live Effects to remove the grey around the tree.
    You'd get a better effect if you had a clipart or vector version of a similar tree.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	plaque.png 
Views:	220 
Size:	184.4 KB 
ID:	64011  
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Nice tutorial, by the way, Gary.
    Edit: another version added.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	village view.png 
Views:	219 
Size:	337.8 KB 
ID:	64013   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	plaque 2.png 
Views:	181 
Size:	169.0 KB 
ID:	64022  

Last edited by iamtheblues; 23 July 2009 at 05:18 PM. Reason: add graphic