Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Animation page size

Is there a limit to the size of an animation? I’m doing a kind of slide show animation; I set the page size at 1230x480 pixels. When I preview the animation it looks correct, but when I preview it on the .xar web site file, it comes out only about 60 pix high.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Animation page size

How are you incorporating in the Xar file? The placeholder holding the SWF file I beleive determines the size.
    Jim

Charlie, you've created the placeholder on a group of photos. A placeholder will be substituted by the placeholder content, so there's no point having a placeholder of images.

Delete the images and use the rear rectangle behind them as your placeholder.

Your swf file page is 1230 x 480 pixels so the placeholder needs to be this size as well.
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 22 July 2009 at 06:47 AM.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Question Re: Animation page size - MIN?

i tried to make a tiny flash graphic, but Xara gave errors if i went lower than
    48px x 48px
    sadicus - Win10 ● nvidia 32GB ● XDP17

The page size is limited to 48pix (half an inch) but the animation can be smaller. In the Animation Properties/Flash Options set "Area to Save" to "Drawing". Here's a 10 x 10 pixel animation created this way.

Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Egg, & others,

Thanks. I used the images in the event a visitor didn’t allow flash or something else happened with it, there would be something to look at. So, I took the photos & background, made a bitmap copy of all at the correct size and everything works properly. It seems to me that I had another similar .swf before with differences in the place holder size, also using grouped jpeg’s, without the same result, but to be honest I can’t recall the specific instance. In any event, this solution works just fine. (Sorry to be so long getting back, I was out all day.)