Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default My sub menus disapear as soon as the cursor leaves the main button

Hi
    I have discovered a problem with my menubar. When you move the cursor over the button to reveal the sub menu below as soon as the cursor goes to move over the sub menu options it disapears. Or it may let the cursor on the sub menu part only in the right place.
    The link to my site www.delaboleunitedafc.co.uk
    please could someone check that im not going mad and how this can be resolved.
    The buttons are 1st Team, Reserves and Facts & Stories all the sub menus on these 3 buttons are behaving as described above.
    I have made several menubars to see if it was a certain one that causes it, also i deleted all the associoted menubar files from the server and only put up the latest menubar files.
    Many Thanks
    Lee Hore

Default Re: My sub menus disapear as soon as the cursor leaves the main button

My Dad has told me that the menu bar works fine in firefox browser, so could it be a compatibilty issue with the latest version of IE and have any other people experienced this.
    I forgot to add I use dreamweaver version 8
    and menumaker full version 1.1.
    Many Thanks
    Lee

I have unistalled IE8 latest version and now the menubar appears fine with no problems!!!
    So there much be a glitch with xara menubars and IE8.
    I will have to try and investigate why this happens.
    The menubar is fine on all previous versions of IE and firefox.
    Happy times again!
    Cheers
    Lee
    Thanks to my dad to!

New poster, so pardon any faux pas. We are seeing the disappearing menu issue described above intermittently in IE 7 and all the time in IE8 (if you move your mouse too quickly from the top image to the menu). Example: http://irsg.com - Has anyone come up with a fix? Any help appreciated.

This happens to me too with IE8. All was fine with IE7.

Had this problem on my end - went through Xara support and they sent me the following link...

http://blog.timwarr.net/2008/09/29/f...view-you-page/

After I copied and pasted the meta tag they refer to into each page I use a menumaker toolbar on, the problem was resolved in IE8.

This is an old thread but the problem discussed still persists. I thought I would add my solution in case anyone else ever finds this thread. I recently ran into the vanishing drop down menu issue on a new web site I did using Web Designer 7 Premium and a navbar created in Webstyle4( same basic thing as Menu Maker I believe ). I have always used WS4 for my navbars but I just recently purchased WD7 so this was the 1st site using it. Previously my web sites were all done with WD5.

To make a long story short the issue is a compatibility one in IE8 and even IE9. The browser needs to be in IE7 compatibility mode for the navbars to operate properly. I never had this problem in WD5 but as it turns out that software came with code forcing every browser viewing it into IE7 mode so the problem never appeared for me. WD6 and WD7 do not automatically do this. So, the viewer has to press the CM button or you have to manually enter the code on each page of the site to deal with the navbar issues. Kind of a pain.

There is a solution however if you plan to use WS4 or MM to produce your navbars for use in WD6 or WD7 sites. You can edit the software's registry to have it automatically force the browser into IE7 CM as WD5 once did. This will make it easier on everyone.

Here is how( I have Windows XP - may be slightly different in Vista or Win7 getting to the registry editor and editing the data but the destination is the same? )...

Step 1:
    Click > Start
    Select > RUN
    Enter > REGEDIT
    Click > OK

Ste 2:
    Open the following folders( will have to be in order shown )...
    > HKEY_CURRENT_USER
    > Software
    > Xara
    > HTMLFilter
    > 3.0( WD6 ) / 4.0 ( WD7 )
    > IE7compatibility

Step 3:
    With IE7compatibility open...
    > Double click icon(default)
    > Paste code( below - all of it )in Value Data box

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=7"/>

Click > Ok
    Close REGEDIT

This will insert the IE7 CM code into all of your pages when they are exported now and it should solve any navbar problems.

Hope it helps. Oh, and this info came from Xara directly. I just added a few extra instruction steps for those who haven't edited a registry before. I was directed to this thread about how to do it here...

http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...anced-features

Follow these steps at your own risk. Editing the registry is always risky. It worked for me however following the directions from Xara.