Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default mouse click makes whole screen refresh in IE 6 and Chrome, not if FF 3.5

Hi,

I'm having an issue with IE6 and chrome 2.0.172.37.

I would appreciate if you could look at my site ..
    http://www.bateau-fischer.com/main.htm
    .. and click on any of the top 6 buttons ("accueil", ..)

With Chrome and IE5, the whole page (including the background) refreshes everytime.

With FF 3.5, I get the expected behavior, meaning that only the bits that are different get refreshed, The background, the main banner, the footer are not refreshed.

Any help much appreciated.

Bernard

Default Re: mouse click makes whole screen refresh in IE 6 and Chrome, not if FF 3.5

Bernard,

I also questioned this and sent in a trouble ticket to Xara. It seems it is an IE, and evidently Chrome also, specific problem. You are right, it does not happen in FireFox.

A workaround was suggested by another member, making my different portfolio pages a popup layer. While this would correct the problem, it presents a problem with SEO. Search engines will not be able to crawl the popups, as the url will not change due to there will not be separate pages. I definitely decided to not do this, and let the entire page refresh each time.

I came to the conclusion that until IE and any other broswer in which happens fixes their issues and behaves like FireFox, we are kind of just have to accept "it is what it is".

Pixelart

Default Re: mouse click makes whole screen refresh in IE 6 and Chrome, not if FF 3.5

No flicker in Chrome 3.0.193.3 or Opera 10
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 20 July 2009 at 07:36 PM.

A big thank you to the both of you for having taken the time to answer me.

@ Pixelart : I'm somehow glad that I'm not the only one to suffer from this problem. However, I'm also surprised that most of the web sites designed with WD or Xtreme Pro 5.1 (I forgot to mention that I'm using Xtreme 5.1) which I have looked at do not exhibit this problem.

@Sledger: I'll install the latest beta of Chrome and let you know how it goes.

In the meantime, I wish you both a good day,
    Bernard