Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default google can't index my xwd site

I created my first xwd site (www.innsbrookgetaway.com) and published it. It's been 3 days and google says it can't index the site. I initially published it incorrectly without page names (rookie mistake) and I wonder if that's the problem. I went through webmaster tools, created a site index and had lynx verify that it can read the text but still no luck. I have read conflicting reports on how long it can take to get google to crawl your site. I have another site to create but didn't want to use xwd again if I'm doing something wrong.

Is there someone out there that would take a look at my site and offer assistance?

Default Re: google can't index my xwd site

I can't see any reason that Google can't index your site. Has it actually said it can't index it?
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

it says site not indexed in webmaster tools but assumed it would have by now

It takes months. Usually many months.

Quote Originally Posted by printpro View Post
    I created my first xwd site (www.innsbrookgetaway.com) and published it. It's been 3 days and google says it can't index the site.

As mentioned by Jimi, it can take months.
    Have you told Google it's there?
    http://www.google.com.au/addurl/
    We do not add all submitted URLs to our index, and we cannot make any predictions or guarantees about when or if they will appear.

I would consider rewording the title of the home page if I were you. It currently reads "Innsbrook-Getaway-Rental". It would be far better to title it with the words that somebody is likely to search for. Like "Chalet Rental St Louis" or something.

Also if you don't mind me saying so, the pictures are way too small.

If you want to let it over the next few months, you should consider using Google Adwords. You don't have to spend a fortune and it really works. You'll also be listed in a matter of minutes.

Printpro,
    Looks like a nice place, but your rates/availability button mouseover is messed up.

thanks for the feedback. I'm up top with adwords but never knew it took that long to become indexed.

PrintPro,

This tool might help, if you don't already know about it, just paste in url:

http://diagnostics.googlerankings.co...tics-panel.php

Checked using my Web CEO tool, and no none of the search engines seem to have your site picked up yet? Do you do any submissions, or are you relying on the crawlers to pick it up? I did SE submissions and my site was picked up in about 24 hrs.

Also, the pages aren't very content rich, especially the home/main page. It could help to beef up the content also.

Best of luck and hope your site shows up really soon!

Pixelart

yeah - have you checked the google index directly? in google, search for

site:www.innsbrookgetaway.com

This will show you what IS in the index. If no results come back, come back and check again later.

I just uploaded a site about 2 weeks ago and about 1/2 the pages show up in the Google index. I'm surprised it's happened this soon. the last site I did JUST got its home page finally indexed (many of the others were there, but none of the meat of the site is on them) this week and it's been up since the middle of May.

For what it's worth