Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Why is my graphic not fully filling in?

Hi !

if anyone can help me with this problem, I used the pen anchor to trace out a dress shirt from one side than did a refect of the graphic and adjusted both sides pretty sure all the anchors are closed. Than went to my swatchs and put a color into it and a weird diamond shape of white is still there, when i am trying to fill the whole thing in red.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	picture1.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	53.6 KB 
ID:	89163Click image for larger version. 

Name:	picture2.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	59.8 KB 
ID:	89164

Anyone help on how to fix this problem would be great thanks everyone !

dave.
    IP

Default Re: Why is my graphic not fully filling in?

Looks as if your are trying to do the jacket as one shape so it wont close? If I was doing this drawing I would do one side only, then make a copy of that and then use the Transform and reflect the shape vertically. do the same for the back but maybe after using transform you could use the Pathfinder to join both sides, it would depend if you wanted a seam down the back. all the sleves could be done the same way.
    Design is thinking made visual.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Albacore View Post
    Looks as if your are trying to do the jacket as one shape so it wont close? If I was doing this drawing I would do one side only, then make a copy of that and then use the Transform and reflect the shape vertically. do the same for the back but maybe after using transform you could use the Pathfinder to join both sides, it would depend if you wanted a seam down the back. all the sleves could be done the same way.
    Hey, i tried to clean it up, by only doing the arm and the body of the left and than reflected it and even join paths, the problem still occurs.. not to sure whats going on here.. Really want to fix this problem, if anyone can help that would be great.

I attached the file below if you want to physically look through the file to see what the issue is.

Illustrator File Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?62g4vftreaa9bjc
    IP

Here's a new version.

You are not fully closing the paths. Look at the top at the collar, the bottom at the hem line, etc. Use wireframe mode.

I deleted the pattern layer so I could upload it here (smaller file size).

Take care, Mike
    Attached Files Attached Files
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
    Here's a new version.

You are not fully closing the paths. Look at the top at the collar, the bottom at the hem line, etc. Use wireframe mode.

I deleted the pattern layer so I could upload it here (smaller file size).

Take care, Mike
    Oh okay, great thank you so much for your help, how do you do wireframe mode? is it ctrl+ y?
    IP