Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Wish List

Default Wish List

Forgive me if this has already been done but I did a search and couldn't find any kind of Wish List for future versions. Having worked with Xara WD for a while now, I have one or two wishes that I would like Xara to address in updated versions.

1. I'd like to be able to lock images to make them unselectable. For example, if a website has a large background image, I am always selecting it by accident when I want to select an image or text in front.

2. I have several websites, but the ftp publish details do not save with each project. So if you publish website x and then edit website y, it will try to publish it over website x.

3. If I am creating a 20 page website, I have to create 20 pages one by one. It would be good to be able to duplicate a page and have an option as to how many times.

4. I'd like to be able to add custom html to the header part of a page.

5. I'd like to be able to see a list of all pages so that I can quickly go to the one I want. I know I can zoom out and see several pages, but for larger websites a list would be useful.

That's a start.

With any luck, someone will come along and say all the above can be done already!

Rob

Smile Re: Wish List

as for point 3, goto edit Pages/Duplicate current page

also see

http://talkgraphics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58

Default Re: Wish List

Hello Rob,

Not all can be done already but 1, 3, and 4 can be done. There have been many posts asking for 2 and 5.

Quote Originally Posted by RobW View Post
    1. I'd like to be able to lock images to make them unselectable. For example, if a website has a large background image, I am always selecting it by accident when I want to select an image or text in front.
    Web Designer uses layers and you can place objects on a layer then lock it so the object or objects cannot be selected.

2. I have several websites, but the ftp publish details do not save with each project. So if you publish website x and then edit website y, it will try to publish it over website x.
    This has been requested many times. It may be possible in a future version.

3. If I am creating a 20 page website, I have to create 20 pages one by one. It would be good to be able to duplicate a page and have an option as to how many times.
    Use the Edit menu > Pages > New Page or Duplicate current page to add to your project file.

4. I'd like to be able to add custom html to the header part of a page.
    Use a placeholder shape and give it a name <head> then in the Web Properties dialog select Replace with HTML and enter the code you wish to appear in the head section for the page. You will need to add the code to all pages requiring the code. You can make the <head> placeholder object repeat on all pages if you need to do so.

5. I'd like to be able to see a list of all pages so that I can quickly go to the one I want. I know I can zoom out and see several pages, but for larger websites a list would be useful.
    This has also been requested many times and hopefully will be in a future version.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

#2 is by design.
    They don't want people posting their .web files if there's a problem with the site and others having access to their publishing info.
    They are working on a solution.

Many thanks for your excellent answers.

Point 1 - Thank you Soquili - worked out how to do that.

Point 2 - I see the problem, thank you Merlin_AZ. Perhaps a drop down list of recently used ftp details would solve this

Point 3 - unless I'm missing something, I still can't see how to add more than one page at a time.

Point 4 - that's a neat trick. Thanks again Soquili

Rob one page at a time is all that can be added. I must have miss understood your original post.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Forgive me if this has already been done but I did a search and couldn't find any kind of Wish List for future versions.
    Welcome to TG Rob,

There is place for finding and posting feature requests (wishes), it's a sub-forum under the main Xara Web Designer forum and is called the 'Dear Xara Web Designer..'.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dearxarawebdesigner.png 
Views:	167 
Size:	3.9 KB 
ID:	63590