Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Would love help!

http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/t...6974686jpg.gif

Hi everyone. The above image was created by someone for me on another site. I would like to know how to be able to make my own version of it. Can you please refer me to a tutorial that would help me to recreate the image? I have Xara 3D6, I am hoping this is the right program to use. I have tried by myself to figure it out, but am not coming up with anything good! Any help would be much appreciated.
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 11 July 2009 at 09:11 PM. Reason: Removed 2.3MB inline image - please consider people on slower connections

Default Re: Would love help!

Hi Lavender, welcome to the forum. Xara 3D will make the text rotate, if you have the correct font.
    You will need a drawing program like Photoshop, Paintshop Pro, Xara Xtreme or CorelDraw for the background, though.
    I've had a quick go at this and the closest match of font I can find is Bodoni Classic Chancery. The "L" isn't very similar, though.
    If you have a look at my tutorial in the link in my signature below, it will get you through the basics. You can download a time-
    limited fully functional trial of Xara Xtreme free from here.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lavender sample.gif 
Views:	173 
Size:	412.9 KB 
ID:	63438  
    Last edited by iamtheblues; 11 July 2009 at 04:53 PM. Reason: add graphic
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Default Re: Would love help!

Hi Lavender, welcome to the forum.
    I would suggest setting the background texture to whatever graphic or photo you want. It will need to be large enough to avoid tiling and that may take some trial and error, then you can move it around until you get what you want. You can easily add your text on top and animate it. Change the colors and lighting of the text until you get something pleasing to you. If you want something with a lot of white around it then you will need to make the background image that way first.
    Xara Xtreme is an easy program to use for that. Of coerce you could also use MS paint(shudder) since you probably already have that, or any other paint program to do what you need since all you need is to create the background. There are lots of free one available if you don't want to buy one. But...I would strongly recommend Xara Xtreme as a companion program.
    Anyhow after you get all to your satisfaction export the animation as whatever, probably gif. You can create the text first if you prefer, it doesn't really make any difference I don't think. There may be an easy way of figuring the size for the background; I just don't know what it is, sorry. Someone else on this forum is sure to know however.
    Good Luck, and have fun!
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.