Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Popup Text Layer CSS

I have attached a test file and a jpeg screenshot of results.

Issue is

I need to get text onto my page using a popup layer, but no matter what colour I make the text or the layer, search engines are seeing it as the same colour as my background and I will be penalized for this.

Could someone please enlighten me as to how XXP uses the css file with regard to the text colour on a popup layer?

I have made the layer RED and the text BLUE to exaggerate my point!

Assistance would be MOST appreciated
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Popup_layer_text_visibility.jpg 
Views:	363 
Size:	105.5 KB 
ID:	63428  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    "You can't control the wind, but you can adjust your sails." Red Barn Web & Graphic Design Studio

Default Re: Popup Text Layer CSS

No it doesn't say that the text color is same as background. It says:
    "Invisible text found."

And then explains possible methods that could be used:
    "CSS 'display' property set to 'none'. CSS 'visibility' property set to 'hidden'.Same text and background color."

All pop up and rollover content is exported with: "CSS 'display' property set to 'none'", and it has nothing to do with the text color.

Also where does this site guarantee that such content will be penalized by SE? This sounds greatly paranoid since most pages on the web has these types of hidden content. You can't make any pop pup without hidding text. So most pages with popups and rollovers have it.
    You can also read it in the explanation:
    "Analysis explanation: invisible text can be used both for legal reasons (eg. in navigation structures) or..."

Tрe underlined is your case.
    So take it easy.
    John.

Good points Covoxer! Thanks, its just that I am using various SEO techniques and programs and they all say the same thing.. text same as background colour.. so I kinda "freaked out" and after hours of work deleted all the popup layers... eek!

I think it is a neat way to present MORE INFO, to viewer, allowing them to choose if they want to look further..

Im going to take a chance and run with it. Basically due to my front page design .. I have to!

Loving Xara and all the support out here
    Thanks again!
    "You can't control the wind, but you can adjust your sails." Red Barn Web & Graphic Design Studio

Nice home page Lindy Jo.

I would carry that theme onto the inside pages. It is very rich and elegant.

Lindy,

Just looking at the Red Barn site. Is the graphic that runs up the left side of the page supposed to be slightly off straight?

Just an observation.