Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

The nav bar I created looks good in the original
    htm file. But when I go to copy the objects into the website htm file and go to preview it, I get the following: "Error: object expected" if I my mouse goes anywhere near the nav bar.
    Any suggestions?

The nav bar I created looks good in the original
    htm file. But when I go to copy the objects into the website htm file and go to preview it, I get the following: "Error: object expected" if I my mouse goes anywhere near the nav bar.
    Any suggestions?

Hello Artzcj

Did you create your Nav bars in Xara X91) or another Xara product?

Xara has utilities to prepeare nav bars for insertion into Front Page and Dreamweaver (I believe) but unfortunately not for Xara X.

There have been dozens of questions such as yours over the years and I believe the answer is getting your images in the correct folder in which FrontPage expects to find them.

You can do a search in this conference for FrontPage and you will pull up a lot of threads related to this problem.

Here is one thread that may or may not help.

Good luck and if this does not work, let us know and we'll dig deeper.

Gary

Box Elder, SD - Home of the Sick, Twisted and totally Perverted...

hi Gary,

What is Xara X91)? Did you mean Xara X1 or is there another piece of software I do not know about? http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif
    John/DOT

I used both Xara and Xara X1 and got the same results. It seems your tutorial with inserting nav bars into Front Page isn't accurate. I have Xara Menu Maker but that only allows for your predesigns. The javascript doesn't get copied if you just copy the pictured html nav bar. I tried inserting the javascript into the html but wasn't able to get that to work either. I have the html and image code at the base level. Do your nav bars work with GoLive? Or, what do your nav bars work with? Thanks for your fast response.

I finally got it to work. What I had to do was to build my page directly on the htm page that was created by Xara X1 and then rename it index.htm (for example).

I'm glad you got it to work.

Xara X91 - Sorry, I was not supposed to let that slip.

Gary

Box Elder, SD - Home of the Sick, Twisted and totally Perverted...

Gary...

Now that is even worse... You could have covered it up by claiming a typo. but no... You have to tease us...
    John/DOT