Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thumbs up Re: Xara Xtreme Pro Rocks!

The site gets my vote! Looks terrific and is well organized. No page that I visited took more than about 1 1/2 seconds to load (if that). I say if you need to consider dial-up patrons, build a parallel 'slow-speed' site.

Tip-O-The-Hat

How long did it take you to put that site together, anyway?

...No, I don't think they sleep around here... I've often wondered the same thing.

Default Re: Xara Xtreme Pro Rocks!

Quote Originally Posted by covoxer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LindyJo View Post
    One thing.. could there perhaps be a subforum in Xtreme and Xtreme Pro just for web site design?
    The entire WD forum serves this purpose. All the web related questions for both WD and X5 should be discussed there. Remember - Xtreme does not have any web related advantages comparing to XWD.
    The Object Gallery is not web related as well as other features found in X5 and missing in WD, so they should be discussed here.
    That's the way I see it.
    Hey Covexer,[sic] I know you don't run the forum; I do understand that, but it often seems that the answer to people's suggestions and complaints are answered on this forum with "Yes, but": YES, that's a problem, BUT there's a workaround; YES, that's a good idea, BUT that is not the way X does it; YES, we'll include that function, BUT not now.

Why don't you have a sub-category for X5 web stuff-IT'S A GOOD IDEA! ... X5 and WD are not the same product. X5 users will have other issues and concerns relating to web design. X5 can maybe do everything WD can do, but the reverse is not true. Jeeze- It's a good idea; it won't hurt anything; it would be useful; we want it. Let's just do it!

Hello Lindy,
    nice site!

However, I find the jpeg artifacts around the letters on the intro page distracting.

Quote Originally Posted by lutz View Post
    Hello Lindy,
    nice site!

However, I find the jpeg artifacts around the letters on the intro page distracting.
    Huh? I don't see any artifacts and I had a really good inspection after you posted. It all looks whistle clean on my monitor.

Dale

Quote Originally Posted by lutz View Post

Hi Luz and dmcd.. I dont know what jpeg artifacts are.. please enlighten me?

All help and comments are appreciated!

Zupdude, thanks for your nice comments! appreciated. It took me on and off about 4 full hard days to do this site.. underpaid and over worked

Thanks also for your support on my suggestion
    "You can't control the wind, but you can adjust your sails." Red Barn Web & Graphic Design Studio

Hi lutz,
    The Red Barn logo looks great still as .jpg, but the intro page uses .png files, so no .jpg artifacts or mosquitos there

Lindy, artifacts are compression defects causes by aggressive data compression when using (in particular) JPEG compression.

Here's an exaggerated example.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jpg-artifacts.png 
Views:	186 
Size:	36.5 KB 
ID:	63151

Quote Originally Posted by LindyJo View Post
    .. I dont know what jpeg artifacts are.. please enlighten me?
    Artifacts are, in effect, caused when the pic is "Compressed" to make the file smaller. It shows up as a rather "Pixelated" area in photos. Here's a pretty good example:

http://www.graphicsbazaar.com/images/Artifact 1.jpg

This is a fishing rod against a blue sky. See the extra little dots around the rod? Those are the .jpg artifacts.

I went back to see your front page... I didn't see the artifacts lutz mentioned; maybe something to do with his browser(?).
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________________________

Sorry, Sledge... Was writing this response at the same you were... and got a phone call during... I'll keep mine here too, though.

the logo [?], image with the horse and the text 'Red Barn', saves for me as a jpg [ 27.jpg ] so presumably that is what it is - the red does look a bit blurry on my monitor....

EDIT - I see you have mentioned that steve - so is this not the intro page then?
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by Zupdude View Post
    Why don't you have a sub-category for X5 web stuff-IT'S A GOOD IDEA!
    Well, in my opinion it is not a good idea. It's better to keep all the web related questions in one forum, this way it's much easier to find the answer and more users will see the question so the chances are higher to get quick and great response.
    For example, there's the Xara Flash forum. Flash can be created in both Xtreme and WD but we do have a single forum for this feature. I believe WD forum can be used to cover all web related questions the same way.
    But this is only my opinion. Admins and moderators decide and create forums and subforums.
    X5 and WD are not the same product. X5 users will have other issues and concerns relating to web design.
    Hmmm... Can you name any significant web related difference between WD and Xtreme? There are tons of design features though, so Xtreme design related questions are better to be discussed here.
    it won't hurt anything; it would be useful;
    I'm not sure, but there is a lot of experience put into the WD forum. If we open new, initially empty web subforum for Xtreme, new X5 users may ask questions that are already answered on WD forum.
    John.

Quote Originally Posted by covoxer View Post
    Hmmm... Can you name any significant web related difference between WD and Xtreme?
    There's that 'Hmmmm' again...

I don't think there are any significant web related differences between WD and X5. On the other hand, I'm not THAT well versed in either program to argue the point. I will say that there are differences on the design end, and the folks who use X5 will, for the most part, approach more from a 'design' position and we'll be able to do things in ways WD folks can't; which also means answers to questions/issues on the WD side may not apply on the X5 side.

To repeat myself: If it might help, it won't hurt and we want it... Just do it.

I know I sound prickly about this, but this seems like such an easy request. Why not just grant the request? ... or at least find out what others think about it. I know we can get X5 questions answered here and WD questions answered there. I get it. Two good solutions; many thanks; we'd like a third, please.

If "they" open a new thread/sub-thread named, "Xtreme Pro Web Stuff", I'd guess that it wouldn't take 24 hours to have a question posed that could be answered, and maybe was answered, on one of the other boards.... So? It happens all the time... Redirect or have a duplicate thread. It won't take long for us to get over it.

...and what if it turns out not to be such a good idea? Dump the thread! It won't take long for us to get over that either!

If you'll pardon my lame attempt at analogy:
    I understand that I can get to Spain by way of Japan, but I just want to go to Spain! Let me just go to Spain!

Thanks, and Be Happy! It's my BerffDay!