Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thumbs up Xara Xtreme Pro Rocks!

I was using XWD and I really enjoyed it, then I tried XXP and I found the object gallery totally indispensable, so.. of course I had to buy it.

I have just completed my first site, Red Barn, and I will be using Xtreme for 5 new sites I have been commisioned to do so you will be hearing from me regularly.

I'm going to have some interesting projects to work through in extreme.. first one being insterting a LIVE WEB CAM streaming video into a restaurant site!! hmmmm...

I am very excited to be part of the Xara community and particularly pleased that you have such a helpful forum.

One thing.. could there perhaps be a subforum in Xtreme and Xtreme Pro just for web site design?

All comments on my new site will be appreciated!

Default Re: Xara Extreme Pro Rocks!

Red Barn = 10/10 Very clean and professional looking.

Also, you might like to add your photo to the Portrait Of TG thread. (The thread needs more ladies to post )

Hi,

looks cool, but even with a 16MBit line it takes long time to load. I think there are office applications that take less space than a single page there =). People with low bandwidth will spend a lot of time waiting ...

Juergen

Loads quickly here, Juergen, just a couple seconds per page.
    All photographic images I have looked are are correctly exported as .jpg

Loads quickly here as well. I have broadband 10 Mb but I thought that the numerous of pictures would slow down but no, surprisingly fast. Thumb up for that one!
    Sven-Ingvar

Default Re: Xara Xtreme Pro Rocks!

Quote Originally Posted by LindyJo View Post
    One thing.. could there perhaps be a subforum in Xtreme and Xtreme Pro just for web site design?
    The entire WD forum serves this purpose. All the web related questions for both WD and X5 should be discussed there. Remember - Xtreme does not have any web related advantages comparing to XWD. So all said in this context is true for both (well, 3 actually) products.
    The Object Gallery is not web related as well as other features found in X5 and missing in WD, so they should be discussed here.
    That's the way I see it. Perhaps moderators can add something to it.
    John.

Thanks all for your comments and compliments.. inspiring!!

Coxover.. as a client who has changed from XWD to Xtreme Pro I was just a little confused as to WHERE to post web design questions etc. I kinda felt that I shouldnt post them in XWD forum? (because I am using Xtreme)

Juergen, Thanks for the comment on the speed of the site, it is graphic intensive and I really tried to optimize and export all images correctly. On my side it is pretty quick... I will look at it again.

Do you guys ever sleep??????

Thumbs up Re: Xara Xtreme Pro Rocks!

Classy site Lindy Jo.

I took a sneaky look at it with Lynx Viewer and was most impressed. The search engines will love it too.

I only have a 1500 broadband connection and because I am a long way from the exchange, I don't receive optimum speeds. Your site loaded nice and fast for me here in Australia.

Your logo is the slowest to load because it is a largish PNG file. If you replaced it with a JPEG, which looks do-able considering the white background, it would be extremely fast for a graphics intensive site.

Dale

I have a 768K adsl connection and the Red Barn site loads quickly on my machine. The Red Barn logo is the last to lead and that only took about 2 seconds.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili View Post
    I have a 768K adsl connection and the Red Barn site loads quickly on my machine. The Red Barn logo is the last to lead and that only took about 2 seconds.
    Thanks for brining this to my attention .. I managed, without too much loss of quality, to optimise the logo by 50%...

Remember CTRL+F5 if you want to relook...
    "You can't control the wind, but you can adjust your sails." Red Barn Web & Graphic Design Studio