Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Forms in Xara Web Designer

I know that there are no forms in XWD but have read post where other have used CoffeeCup. I can't seem to get the form to be viewable in XWD preview. I have used a placeholder rectangle and placed the html code from coffeecup into the replace with html box. Nothing happens. Please help me. I could use it!!

Default Re: Forms in Xara Web Designer

Do you have flash? Can you post the .web/.xar file here?

Coffeecup forms are made with Flash, so if you don't have it, the forms won't display. There are too many other things that could cause your issue to know what without seeing your source files.

Coffeecup forms work great with Web Designer, just remember to upload the other Coffeecup files that are generated when you make the form in Web Form Builder to the same folder as your Web Designer files.

Here's a site based on XWD and CCFB: www.golfwriter.co.uk

I like the Coffeecup stuff as you get lifetime free updates!
    "Second class fairway is better than first class rough!"

After pasting in the code that CoffeeCup provides you *must* export the site to the same folder that CoffeeCup exports it's .xml /.swf /.html /.php and image files before it will show in XWD's 'Preview' window.
    Until you export, Web Designer has no idea where the required CoffeeCup files are located.

I have the .xml/.swf/.html/php files in the same file folder that my XWD.htm files are located.

Sledger - you mentioned image files also. From my understanding CC only creates the .xml/.swf/.html/php files. Am I missing something?

I have also made my placeholder the same size as the form. I am so please that all of you took tie to reply.

I am still at a loss. This is my first try at building my company website and I have to have the ability for clients to fill out forms on line.

wOOdy - clean site - nice job. Loved the golf ball graphic in the Golf Writer logo. Now, if I could just get my forms into my site.

Slavelle - I am new to using any forum. I am not sure how to post the files (14KB). I have flash and I can view the form by itself in all browsers that I have tried it in.

Welcome Anaylist.

I have been using E-mail Me Form which is simpler to implement. You can either link to the form on their website or paste the generated script into a placeholder. And their forms can create a captcha dialog which cuts down on spam.

To post a file, scroll down to the Additional Options section when you post a message and press the Manage Attachments button.

Press Browse... and search for and select the file you wish to post, and press Upload.

Not much to it really.

Thanks gwpriester. I will look at the E-mail Me Form. I now understand how to upload the files.

Hope your Day is a GREAT one!

Quote Originally Posted by Analyst View Post
    Sledger - you mentioned image files also. From my understanding CC only creates the .xml/.swf/.html/php files. Am I missing something?
    Maybe, maybe not - this likely depends on the template you chose.
    I installed version 8 trial and randomly chose a template to test.
    These were the files it exported ;

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cc-files.png 
Views:	486 
Size:	3.7 KB 
ID:	63173

(screenshot includes XWD's output index.htm and index_htm_files)