Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Forms in Xara Web Designer

attached is a shot of my site directory
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	html screen shot.jpg 
Views:	400 
Size:	79.3 KB 
ID:	63175  

was told about jotform and went to the site there and tried it.

was very simple and just made a rectangle the right size and placeholder for the embedded code.

anywayz, just some input.
    and now I may chk out coffee cup , that i now know how to use it thanks to your post.
    btw. I put in flash and other embeded things into WD and they work fine.

only prob I did have was when trying to use meebo chat and
    google ads on the same page. The nav bar on top created the "mouse over" color layer like 200 pix's under it. looked and was weird.
    I just took all out cept for the chat rectangle.
    I figured the java just made a bad coffee blend.

now if i can get some hits on the site. lol

thanks for posting. i got something from it

Re: Forms in Xara Web Designer

Hello All
    (Just registered here, moments ago) !

Well, regarding web forms/Formmail, I also use both CoffeeCup and a Script from www.phpjabbers.com like I use all the other scripts from them (gallery, Forum, etc)

The problem is nearly the same as other XWD users like me are having .... after having been deluded by the juicy presentation from XARA, I have purchased the software to learn, it's not an HTML Editor etc. Now, the support is also a hell!

I also have the problem whereby, I need to insert simple one line javascript in the header and a few lines of HTML codes in the body part.

Great if anybody can help and thank you for same.

Rgds

Before you jump to conclusions and bash the product, you should at least have the courtesy to search the forum. There have been many posts about using code in the <head> section. This was something that was added early on in a patch to XWD (and it's in xtreme5 if you have that).

Seriously, I didn't think for a moment that any of the Xara products were HTML editors based on their marketing. They are clearly advertised as WYSIWYG website creators. In fact, I was pretty impressed by the amount of code embedding you could do to allow for that stuff that requires a little more tech than WYSIWYG can provide. And if you read through just a few of the posts on here and see how rapidly people get their problems solved, you would respect the level of support JUST in the user community - keeping in mind that this board is not run by Xara!

In short:

• Create a graphic of some sort and place it anywhere (a 1 pixel rectangle will work, but may be hard to find later). I usually place it just off to the left of the page where it can't be seen but gets incorporated into the code properly.
    • Go to the Name dialog and give this object a name of <head>.
    • Go to the Web Properties for the object and in the Replace with HTML area, put the code you want in the header of the page.

That's it. Then you can use other placeholders that have calls to whatever you put in the <head> code, whether <style> tags or javascript references.

I come from more of a graphic prospective so the html part of my web site has a learning curve. I am pleased with XWD. I have made animations and placed them in my web site and graphically done some really interesting things. I am only having problems with the forms. I was not mislead by the advertising and will continue to work on my one little site.

like any new program. you got to learn it. i have been on the forum like two weeks and from day one the mods and even new members like me have taught me things I should have read before even creating a site.
    but thats me. I learn back wards sometimes. but never forget anything.

i have used sev page maker apps since they were first invented. got so jaded with tech i did not touch a computer for over five years till 2008/

OK, I can't let you put down Xara. Not with out some evidence.
    remember English 101/ writing papers?

The program code in Xara that uses the "names" and "place holders" along with other minor choices for things like "using link color defaults" , allows a user to work very quickly, Once they know the steps for what they wish to acomplish.

I am a programmer who does not write any code anymore. I abhore it.
    Xara allows me personally to work at my own pace. sometimes fast. sometimes very slow.

What the previous post taught you in those steps can used to place anchors
    in the same page, another "view" or "layer" (same idea) or oc to another page.

I made meganfoxshrine.com after i bought the domain , I paid for Xara and within two days, I had a seven page site up.
    remember I come from the day of it being a time consumming task to create a curved color side bar using only HTML markup.
    Google was very different. I used and got my certs in dreamweaver and frontpage. They were useful in making code and changes quickly.
    I was so busy working for the corp and helping all others. I never had time to enjoy tech.
    I am lazy. and smart. I think before I do a major project. I even set up over two hundred workstations and four servers over a weekend, so the users all had new eq with no apparent changes to their desktop. It is expected in IT.
    enough bout that.

Xara . each of the products. yes they are something to learn. but not as dif as others . I actually have fun working on my site. I dont care if I get one hit. lol. Its for me.
    I know my competition. and I know drupal. my sql and php. What a pain in the rear. drupal could be superior if someone would just write a step by step process of not just installing etc. but from start to maintaince.

Are there things I would like to see in Xara? def.
    some more template type items to choose from. like buttons. lol, they do have some hokey ones in there as well as the lines. but when I have time I use Xara and create my own.
    MOre fonts would be wonderful. There is only one "Gothic" type font. Mongoly.
    Personally I need more 'Old English" and just more.
    Most of the fonts all look almost the same. Thats true with most apps.

I would love to have a database setup part included, which manipulates my sql as drupal does.

I will wait. I have learned to see what is ahead from knowing the past.
    It will happen. If not Xara, some corp. will.

Now that I kinda ranted for a hour. Let me explain how to put your code in your
    Xara site.
    Names and Placeholders.
    One reason I paid for Xara is because unlike a zillion other apps with a index in help with "idiot light" knowledge only. They took the time and expense to
    create one of the best help systems Ive seen.

I may not have a login or tracked content. but like S . said I knew Xara was not working with sql. right off. no tricks.
    I watched lesson videos and could tell the person is working so hard they are actually getting horse. lol. but still perfect diction. Thats the attitude Ive found here. And I have like thirty posts if that.

well, Ive been up for three days because I did not "learn" before I built.
    but thats me.
    What Im saying is sor if I am rambling a bit.
    as far as the WOT. well thats me also. this is a short post for me .

I mean this is not CnD .

well good luck and if you need some help post it on the forum. I would bet dollars to dirt that the next day you will get a post. and prob has already been in a thread prior.

well Im down to one eye now. so

laters,
    oh yea, just to be straight. Im not getting on U. . just writing.
    D♦
    D♦

Yes, you may be right and I agree sometimes to disagree also with you!

That's said, I finally get help from Customer Support and here is my website

www.cliniquepierrejanet.com

Rgds

Hi Folks,

I have been using XWD for about 1 month or so. I've built most of a website (18 pages) in that time.....just a little at a time as I learn.

I can say the help on this site is unparalelled. Get a reply in a day? How about in an hour and in some cases 5 minutes (this I have personally experienced - thanks Sledger).

XWD is a different way of doing things....and I say, it's about time. I believe everything could be done with XWD as with any web developing software, it just takes a community to make a web page and this is a great community.

Is Xara perfect? Nope. Is it functional? More than functional.

No complaints from this party....so far all the help I've personally received and have read in other's posts has been more than adequate to get the job done. If you don't understand a post, as long as you're clear in your requests and polite then you'll get the answer you need.

Thanks to all you forum members for the great help and thanks to Xara for such an awesome program....web building has never been so much fun!!!

Ed.......:-)

Smile Re: Forms in Xara Web Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Akshaye View Post
    Hello All
    (Just registered here, moments ago) !

Well, regarding web forms/Formmail, I also use both CoffeeCup and a Script from www.phpjabbers.com like I use all the other scripts from them (gallery, Forum, etc)

The problem is nearly the same as other XWD users like me are having .... after having been deluded by the juicy presentation from XARA, I have purchased the software to learn, it's not an HTML Editor etc. Now, the support is also a hell!

I also have the problem whereby, I need to insert simple one line javascript in the header and a few lines of HTML codes in the body part.

Great if anybody can help and thank you for same.

Rgds
    I am a newb at xara and learned how to do that within a cpl weeks, when I had to insert code for applets and flash , links that get pointed to etc.

If I remember right you use the web properties and then choose either the Place holder or Link tabs. Depending on what you want to do.

To add code use the Placeholder and the third option I think reads "replace with HTML code"

I really do not get your wining.

Unlike most life on Earth humans need to learn things manually, we are not born with our genes pre-educated in anything.

I am replying because I got a reply in my email and again I do not get you at all.

but I told you how to do what you need to, so good luck bud or budfem.
    D♦

Hi Analyst;

I use Form Generator from PHP Jabbers (http://www.phpjabbers.com/contact-form/) and have never had a problem. You can see an example at http://fastprintingpr.com/contactenos.htm my firts website with XaraXtremePro 5.

If you want just send me a Xara file with the form you want and I will send you the html code. Remember to include the email address where you want the emails to be received.

Lionel
    lionel@fastprintingpr.com