Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

what would be the obstacles to writing into Xara the ability to export an animation as a flash animation, as opposed to exporting one frame at a time and then importing one frame at a time into flash? just wondered...
    ron
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer

what would be the obstacles to writing into Xara the ability to export an animation as a flash animation, as opposed to exporting one frame at a time and then importing one frame at a time into flash? just wondered...
    ron

Xara's Facebook

Ron

That would require Xara to create a Flash front end which would add a lot of code to Xara and duplicate Flash and several other applications like Corel RAVE that already do this.

Xara 3D does have the option to export an animation as a Flash SWF file.

Gary

andalucía · españa and lower saxony · germany

Ron,

place your each frame on a different layer, export to swf, import -> the layers will be kept intact. Then you just move the 'layers' (frames) to the right. Simple solution? You bet.
    --------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--

Gary,
    Thanks, I understand.

Jens,
    Thanks, I'll try that. Do I have to create a new file and copy/paste each frame to the corresponding layer in the new Xara file?

ron

Xara's Facebook

Ron
    No. You can just select the objects (shapes) you want to export to swf and it leaves out all the other clutter.
    For example you can select all objects in a Xara Animation frame, then export as swf. Select all in the next frame and export as swf etc.
    Egg
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

has anybody tried to create an animation (animated gif) then used that to create a flash animation? Egg you are the flash master here, have you tried it?

andalucía · españa and lower saxony · germany

John,

you can import a gif animation into FLASH, but a 65 k gif animation translates into a 1 MB FLASH. Not the best solution ;-}

Ron,

now I see what you mean - you are working in the animation mode of Xara... uh, never used that one. But I just checked it. Yes, you need to copy each frame and paste it into a layer. Maybe a tedious task for this animation, but when you start your next animation you should start it in Xara X standard mode and draw each picture on a new layer.

I've noticed that there are no layers available in animation mode - to be honest, I've never used that mode.

Thumbs up,
    jens
    --------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--

hi Jens,

I meant using the gif animation side to create a swf, maybe it would do an animated swf. I looked into it, but the thought dawned on me to ask.

Personally, I would like to see xara do a video editing program like adobe's premiere. I know they would be able to write something that would run circles around adobes stuff. Xara could make a 486 into an avid video station...

I would like to see Xara at least be able to export numbered sequential files in a given format.

Xara 3d would be so much better if it could export sequential png which can be imported into other apps to animate it. Animated gif and avi's both have their drawbacks.

If Xara X1 can export all of the existing layers into individual png files, why can't they add this feature to the animation side? Seems like a no brainer to me.

I haven't used the animation side of Xara in years. I would if there was an improvement to the export formats, but I don't expect full on flash capabilities.
    Sheff
    My Site