Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default What do you see when you close your eyes?

Maybe I'm weird, but over my many years I've spent some time looking at the designs I see when I close my eyes or rub them when they are closed. Lots of geometric shapes and colors.

Recently I put my hands over my eyes after being in the sun and I saw black with a bluish glow. I thought it would be cool to try and recreate it. The problem with this is that what you see is indestinct and really hard to describe. Maybe we really aren't 'seeing' but rather sensing the cones and receptors in the eye. Don't know but just for that reason it makes a neat challenge. Maybe you all 'see' better than I do. Am curious to see what you do see.
    Things you should never say when pulled over by the police:
    Could you hold my beer while I dig out my license?

Default Re: What do you see when you close your eyes?

I think you 'see' complementary colours when you close your eyes for one thing. Try looking at a curtained window - in daylight or, better, with a street light outside - then turning your head away and closing your eyes. To get to sleep I used to try and concentrate on the images behind my closed eyelids - a lot morphed into faces which stayed for quite a while, disturbingly the mouths were often moving as if speaking! Doesn't happen so much now sadly [twitch!] but there again I don't have trouble getting to sleep nowadays ... hopefully!
    Last edited by zaphodeist; 01 July 2009 at 11:59 AM. Reason: clarification re streetlight
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Lol @ John, I can almost see them speaking too Monday I'll try to post something like what I see at the moment I'm drawing. Thanks for sharing your experience and I'm glad you can sleep

What do you see when you close your eyes?
    If I've had a very long day and not gone to sleep when I needed it, I see wonderful moving cloudy shapes from which I can make out all sorts of pictures ;

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tired.jpg 
Views:	1045 
Size:	10.7 KB 
ID:	63021

What do you see?

I seem to remember you doing some challenge threads like this Steve ... I wasn't very good at them either

Two Cats ... face on?
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

I get these geometrical shapes when I apply pressure on my eyes when closed. I used to do this before sleeping when I was young and I didn`t
    feel sleepy enough yet. An inbuild kaleidoscope
    be aware, not to become a ware.

Seems like you get a dark image of the last thing you were looking at. I don't see bright colors at all.

So I kind of made this up based on what I thought I was seeing.
    I know it's a bad composition. As far as the animation goes I'm not exactly sure why some things are happening or even where they came from, I've been working on this for the past couple of days. So with that said I'm going to post anyway eventhough it's kind of a mess and not exacly what I was trying to achieve. Oh well!

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Mike Bailey; 04 July 2009 at 02:45 PM. Reason: setup flash animation to run in post.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

That's a great animation, Larry. When I look at it, it's like I'm looking at it with my eyes closed.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Thanks Bob,
    I need all of the encouragement I can get.
    Today is Independence Day in the USA, Probably won't be many (if any) fireworks or BBQ in this neck of the woods though because it's raining Cats-n-Dogs.
    Last edited by wizard509; 04 July 2009 at 04:22 PM.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

I too get the geometric shapes but there's lots of graininess in my 'image'. It also seems 'square' to me, not round like Steve sees.

The animation is fantastic! I like all the floaters. That's pretty much what I see when my eyes are open except for the black background. I have lots of floaters. They can drive you crazy, lol.