Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default I'm confused ... what's the update-price again?

Hi everybody,

initially, I was not planning to upgrade to 5, since there is not much new stuff I need.

Then I received the Xara-Newsletter with the following offer:

--- snip ---
    Xara Xtreme Pro 5 New: $249 or €199 inc VAT in the EU
    Xara Xtreme Pro 5 Upgrade: Starting from just $54 (€49 inc VAT in EU) for owners of V4 and Web Designer, $69 (€39) for owners of Xtreme Pro 4 only.

Discounts for V4 owners are for an introductory period only, so don't delay if you wish to upgrade!
    --- snap ---

I own XXP4, so according to the Newsletter I would have to pay 39 Euros.
    For that amount of money I thought I'll update anyway just for the sake of it.

When I tried to upgrade at the Xara-page, I got different results however:

Upgrade from XXP4 is GBP 49,00 all of a sudden, which amounts to ~58 Euros, NOT 39!
    Even there is an obvious error in the conversion from the dollar above, still not the same price.

And when I check that I own XXP4 AND Webdesigner, the price is only GBP 19,00 ???

Can anybody enlighten me, whats going on here ... maybe I'm missing something??

Thanks
    Wolfgang

Default Re: I'm confused ... what's the update-price again?

Here:
    http://www.xara.com/us/products/xtreme/upgrade/
    Select "Xara Xtreme Pro 4" and you'll get $69 proposition.
    John.

Wink Re: I'm confused ... what's the update-price again?

John, thanks for 'direct' - the Outsider had 2 dates on it, the first says 1st July and the 2nd occurence 31st for special upgrade discounts.

Need a copy checker ???

I just as confused as wolfgang, I got the same mail and had the same problem when I came to pay for the product. I've contacted sales twice to try and get it clarified but had no reply other than the standard automated "someone will be in touch". If they don't reply soon the upgrade offer will be finished.

Confused here as well

I've got XX4 and XWD but there is no upgrade option to XXP5 only XX5

With other combinations there is a choice between Pro and Regular.

Drwyd
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	upgrade.jpg 
Views:	345 
Size:	49.4 KB 
ID:	62951  

Quote Originally Posted by Drwyd View Post
    Confused here as well

I've got XX4 and XWD but there is no upgrade option to XXP5 only XX5

With other combinations there is a choice between Pro and Regular.

Drwyd
    Hi Drwyd (and perhaps others),

I've spoken to Xara England and I can tell you that the price for an upgrade from Xtreme 4 + Web Designer to Xtreme 5 PRO is $144 US (or £109 / €109 inc vat in EU) plus $8 shipping.
    Regards, Albert G. Kubbenga

Cheers akubbeng, appreciated

Hmmm, essentially £90 for the object library. I know there is a lot more in the pro version but that is of limited use to me at present ... and I can always upgrade later.

Drwyd

Default Re: I'm EVEN MORE confused ... what's the update-price again?

Just now I got a mail from Xara, notifying me that for only two weeks more, I could upgrade to 5 Pro for 49 Euros (from 4 Pro).

If I click on the "Buy Now" button, it takes me to the respective page where the price is 49 Pounds.

And even if the Pound is low right now, this is still ~ 57 Euros.

Either Xara does not know the difference between Pounds and Euros, or they are just trying to trick me onto their page. Either way ... not a very nice move.

However, I now have decided to definitely NOT upgrade to 5.
    And this is new to me, since I bought each and every version since the ArtWorks days, even the ones under the Corel flag.

But apart from the price-issue, the new functions are (except some very small things) absolutely useless for me.

If Xara continues in the direction of Webdesign and Bitmap-Editing, it may be time for me to look for some other program or continue working with 4 Pro for as long as I can.

I hate Illustrator, but I have to admit that some of the new vector-functions are quite tempting.

Wolfgang

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang View Post
    Just now I got a mail from Xara, notifying me that for only two weeks more, I could upgrade to 5 Pro for 49 Euros (from 4 Pro).

If I click on the "Buy Now" button, it takes me to the respective page where the price is 49 Pounds.

Wolfgang
    try the link they send me, it says 49 euro's

" The price of upgrading Xtreme Pro 4 to 5 is €49 plus €4 shipping, total €53 inc vat. You can see the pricing in Euros here:
    http://www.xara.com/eu/products/xtreme/upgrade/ "

Actually, it gives me the 39 euro option, while I stated that I wanted to upgrade from XXpro 4 only not XXPro4+XWD5, it automatically also deducted the XWD5 I have, which I wanted to give away.
    Too automated I would say . But I payed the right amount through the bank already and this
    was just to see if they would give me the pounds option, which they didn`t nicely all euro marks

But automated I couldn`t actually only choose for just XXPro 4 upgrade if I wanted to.

(Yes I give away XWD5 to my brother and the extra Xara3D6 I have. Atleast when he comes back from his holiday in Tunesia)
    Last edited by ankhor; 17 July 2009 at 01:03 PM.
    be aware, not to become a ware.

Quote Originally Posted by ankhor View Post
    try the link they send me, it says 49 euro's
    Hi,

strangely, even though the site itself looks totally the same, with your link it's 49 Euros allright instead of the 49 Pounds...

Hmmm ... strange indeed ...

Wolfgang