Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Ver 3.2 won't work after Ver 5 Trial install

I have version 3.2 Pro and installed the trial version 5. Now, only the trial version starts; 3.2 will start then abruptly quit. Is that normal?

It is not fatal since I have all the discs/files to re-install 3.2 if the uninstall of 5 does not repair the program.

Default Re: Ver 3.2 won't work after Ver 5 Trial install

Hi Citywolf, this shouldn't happen. I have XXP4 & XXP5 running happily on the same machine. I'm sure others will confirm there's no problem with 3.2 either.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks. I will now look to my system for the problem. I am guessing that the compatibility of two purchased systems would suggest that a purchase/trial combination would also be compatible.

I have versions from X1, X2.2, XXP2.3, XXP4, X5 (trial) and XXP5. Also Xara 3D6. They all install to different folders under XARA in program files and write to separate registry keys.
    So, unless something has screwed up with your registry or somehow overwrote 3.2 installation folder, there shouldn't be a problem.

Have you tried reinstalling 3.2 WITHOUT removing the X5 trial?