Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Problems with exported PDF being recognised by Corel

I have a commercial printer which do wine labels for us. They use Corel Draw X3, so I have Xara pro 4 for the graphic stuff on the labels, which I then export as a PDF and import the PDF into Corel.

This process works fine much of the time, but I am getting an error on one of the PDF's when trying to open it in Corel - "The file is corrupted".

Have tried various export options in Xara with no success. However I just tried opening the PDF with Acrobat and re-saving as an EPS. Corel is happy with that for some reason.

What is going on and how do I solve it?

(The files are attached as DogTest.xar and DogTest.pdf)

Warwick
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Problems with exported PDF being recognised by Corel

Have you tried CMX 6 32bit ? (Attached in zip file)

Works fine here.

Don't have CD on my hard disc but it opens in AI and FH mx. Saved it in AI for you I wonder if that makes the difference? Doubled the size of the file.
    Design is thinking made visual.

Thanks guys,

The CMX certainly works in this case. I had generally stopped using that export, as sometimes vectors are converted back to bitmaps for some reason (I have never had the time to troubleshoot exactly what situations cause that. Who knows, it may even be explained in the documentation somewhere.

As I said before, the other (although clumsy) workaround is to use Acrobat to resave the PDF as an EPS - that works as well.

Warwick

Quote Originally Posted by warwick View Post
    (I have never had the time to troubleshoot exactly what situations cause that. Who knows, it may even be explained in the documentation somewhere
    Xtreme has some unique vector and live effects, many of which are not supported in other vector applications, & features such as shadows and bevels (for example) are created as bitmaps.