Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Preview Website issues?

Hi all,
    I have about 10 pages now on my site that I just started and I go to preview it and when I click on a button I made to get to another page, Sometimes it will work and sometimes not. Is this normal or have I done something wrong?
    Just wondering if its something I did. I would like to fix it before I get deeper into my site.
    Thanks,
    Mike

Default Re: Preview Website issues?

Hi Mike,

Pretty hard to know if it's an error or not without seeing it.
    Can you post your .xar file?

The same happens here. It was perfectly OK at the beginning but not so much now. In my case it seems that I can preview it well after I've uploaded it to the server.

The same happens here.
    I can't see how anyone can comment unless we have a xar file to test it on
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    I can't see how anyone can comment unless we have a xar file to test it on
    I'm just saying that by the sound of it I've got a very similar problem: I change something, go to preview and the changes don't appear. In my case they will appear AFTER I've uploaded the files to the server which renders the viewer useless. This didn't happened at the beginning, so the only thing I can't think of is that as the site grows bigger the viewer for some reason does not function well. Either that or -of course- I'm doing something wrong. I you want to investigate this I'll be happy to post the xar file.

Cheers

Yes please Camaron. It's impossible to do so without the xar file that's causing the problem.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi EGG, I've tried to upload the file 3 times and the request was denied the 3 times (15 megas too heavy?). I tried to contact the administrators but every time a tried to send the query it kept saying that I needed to fill the subject which I did avery time!!

What can I do next?

Jorge
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi Camaron,

You do not have PM priviledges at the time.

Yes 15mb is above the server allowed limit for uploads I'm afraid.

It also shows that your .xar file must contain a lot of large bitmaps (photos?) which could be the cause of the preview problems.