Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Bug1?

Though my settings in teh options-dialogue are set to "Give new object most recent attributes" the line one draws after selecting a stroke shape and reverting back to a normal line is still a stroke!

You can repeat this error by selecting the same option in the options fiels (on the General tab), then drawing a line and giving it a stroke (the Freehand tool and the most right dropdown list on the freehand infobar)
    Every line you draw thereafter will have the same stroke. Now, when you select a normal stroke again, it will give the selected line that attribute, but every line drawn will revert back to a stroke.

On the whole, I'm not that enthousiastic about X1. It seems to me a half finished product with some icons refreshed (but not all, and the printer icon is downright ugly!) The overall speed improvements others claim are not experienced by me (but then, I have a considerable hefty PC since I do run Illustrator etc on a everyday basis. The idea that Xara is being phoned home everytime I start X1 is scaring me.

I see my purchase as an investment for the real release but i'm holding my breath...

Though my settings in teh options-dialogue are set to "Give new object most recent attributes" the line one draws after selecting a stroke shape and reverting back to a normal line is still a stroke!

You can repeat this error by selecting the same option in the options fiels (on the General tab), then drawing a line and giving it a stroke (the Freehand tool and the most right dropdown list on the freehand infobar)
    Every line you draw thereafter will have the same stroke. Now, when you select a normal stroke again, it will give the selected line that attribute, but every line drawn will revert back to a stroke.

On the whole, I'm not that enthousiastic about X1. It seems to me a half finished product with some icons refreshed (but not all, and the printer icon is downright ugly!) The overall speed improvements others claim are not experienced by me (but then, I have a considerable hefty PC since I do run Illustrator etc on a everyday basis. The idea that Xara is being phoned home everytime I start X1 is scaring me.

I see my purchase as an investment for the real release but i'm holding my breath...

Hi Michael,

One of our tech people just looked into the problem and concurs with you, and could recreate the error.

I'm not part of the technical team so I can't say when it will be looked at (hopefully soon) but it is now in our database to be looked at.

Many thanks
    I'd start a revolution, if I could get up in the morning.

I thought I had stumbled upon a solution for this bug, I noticed that there are many more items in the line gallery than the cache setting in the options menu allows for. But as I continued I found that resetting this did not correct the problem, I have been observing the line gallery as I work with the freehand tool, the only shape giving me a problem is the first one (named Constant). I discovered that if I select any other shape before I select the constant shape from the tool bar, then without touching pen to tablet select the constant shape that Xara accepts this and does not revert back. Does that make sense? I suppose its like clearing a path or double clicking to get back to the Constant or default line shape. The usual method of selecting this shape in the line gallery by double clicking works as well.