Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Smile Php coding question

Hello All!

Is it possible to include php coding in xara with database capabilities?

Thanks!

Default Re: Php coding question

Xtreme or Web Designer are not HTML editors, but you can include .php pages or even snippets which connect to an sql database on your server via a placeholder.
    For php snippets, you will need to rename the exported .htm to .php prior to upload, or you can use an <iframe in the placeholder which calls the PHP file (brief eg; <iframe name=myiframe src=file.php width=100% height=100% scrolling=auto></frame)

Sledger!
    Thank you so much for taking the time to reply to my question and so quickly as well. I really appreciate it!
    You answered my question but I was wondering if there was an easier way to create a user/login/ password with database in Xara Pro 5 webdesigner?
    Thanks!

Xtreme or Web Designer are able to export graphic designs to wyiswyg layout HTML using CSS and add external code via placeholders. But because they are not html editors, they are not able to do what you ask.

Okay Sledger,

Thank you very much.
    I am still learning...so I was thinking about then implementing a software solution like
    http://www.omni-secure.com/
    What do you think about this?

Thanks!

Provided your hosted domain server meets the requirements for the (OmniSecure) software, it could be possible to integrate into an Xtreme or Web Designer built page.

Hi Msheesha,
    I created a site for a learning experience that has a link to a game forum I am a member to. Fire and Ice.
    Here is the link if you care to have a look.
    http://www.dadsdesigns.ca/FireIce/index.htm
    Select "menu" then select the bottom black square to see what happens
    Jim

Cool! Thanks Sledger!

Thanks for the example Scotty! Your site looks cool!