Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Flash Video Export & Preview

Just wondering what could be the answer to this...

I have created a flash video for my site that works perfect but it won't show when in xtreme I use the 'Export & Preview'.

Any help would be appreciated so I would not have to upload the whole enchilada just to check it out.

Thanks
    Cliff

Default Re: Flash Video Export & Preview

Hi Cliff,

How have you embedded the flash file?

I'll assume you have just used a placeholder and set web properties>>placeholder>>Replace with flash

If you export your site to a folder on your hard drive before you preview, this will allow Xtreme to copy the .swf to it's support folder. It then will preview fine (or it should, hopefully )

Hi Sledger,

No, I have not embedded the flash file.

The file (.flv) is on server and I'm using the 'placeholder' for the code.

I'm using a program called 'A4Desk Flash Video Player' which, if anyone is interested or having a time of it putting video on their site, is fantastic. And is cheap...$39.
    I tried all the freebies and this one is a no-brainer for folks like me with almost no brains for HTML and code stuff.

So, when I place the code supplied by 'A4Desk Flash Video Player' in the 'placeholder' and upload their video player files to my server, and upload the Xtreme website, It's works flawlessly. But....

When I try to 'export and preview website' from within Xtreme, no good.

Thanks for any advice or info as to why?

Cliff

Likely a local zone security setting for the IE window you're using to preview.