Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Flash question

Default Flash question

How come the last two pictures won't tween? I have named the pictures, copied from frames that work great, but the last shot won't even load.

What the bleep?

Can you help me please?

Thank you so much!!

Angela
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Flash question

any ideas? I sure would hate to do this all over again.

Hi Angela,

I looked over your file earlier today after I got home from work. I work 3rd shift.

I see the problem but I cannot find a cause for it. I've tried copying the last two frames to a new document but for some reason they paste as the same image so the tween isn't seen.

Very strange problem.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Exclamation Re: Flash question

Angela,

I've played around with this for hours now. I've still not sure whether the problem lies with the Mercy Render bitmap, something internal to Xara Xtreme (Pro) 5.1.0.9131 DL, or a combination of the two. I just know that when the Mercy Render picture is thrown into the mix everything starts to go haywire. You may want to try and have Xara Tech Support look at the file and see if they can figure out the origin of the problem. If it turns out to be something with XX/XXP I'm sure they can fix it up in a jiffy (before the CD release, maybe).

Here's your file recreated from scratch without using the Mercy Render graphic. I scrapped the ClipView operation on all of the frames and just relied solely on positioning the items on the pages. I also did some other things differently in an attempt to keep things as simple as possible. In case anyone wants to know, I managed to get the Flash animation to do the same thing with the BOATS.JPG image I used from the Designs Gallery. So maybe it's a program bug after all.

IHTH,
    Harry

Thumbs down Re: Flash question

I decided to retry this using only two frames and the Mercy Render graphic, it too fails to display the Flash animation properly.

In case any one's looking into this here's the 2 frame XAR file,
    Harry

[1] Resample all image to be around the same resolution.
    The KFC and Mercy Site images are huge compare to the others.
    I re sampled them to 800x*

[2] Scrap clipview (not necessary).

So long as SWF options are set to save 'page', the page itself will clip the graphic on each frame.

[3] Flash size really too large for a web site.
    I halved the resolution when compiling, but will still look OK if you want it at 800x933 in a page.

Example at half res (you can adjust the animation speed in the .xar before export)