Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default XaReg Requests, Additions & Registry Key Findings

Bill (Soquili),

I recently backed up my settings using XaReg 1.0.2.0 when upgrading Xara Xtreme Pro 5.1 to the newest 5.1.0.9131 release. The upgrade went smoothly and XaReg made restoring my settings to the newer version a snap! It was definitely a time saver.

When I finished, I fired up the new XXP 5.1 and proceeded to get down to business. A few seconds later I discovered that my preferred setting of using the mouse wheel to 'Zoom in/out' was set to the default of 'Scroll up/down'. I quickly made the change to Xtreme's Options but thought it was funny that XaReg hadn't taken care of the setting for me.

I made a review of the options controlled/set using XaReg and discovered, unsurprisingly, that the setting for wheel mouse scroll vs. zoom was not one of the items under XaReg's control. I dug around in Xara Xtreme's registry settings and found the entry for MouseWheelZoom. A value of '0' appears to set the mouse wheel to 'Scroll up/down' while setting it to '1' changes the function of the mouse wheel to 'Zoom in/out' (see attached screen capture). So, the question is, can control of this registry key be added to future versions of XaReg? Please. It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for a wonderful, productive, and time saving utility,
    Harry

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MouseWheelZoom Registry Setting.png 
Views:	301 
Size:	24.8 KB 
ID:	62753  

Default Re: XaReg Requests, Additions & Registry Key Findings

Pressing the right button in XaReg can result in Bill's immediate attention I'm sure

Hint, hint, nudge, nudge, eh?

And duly noted... will do!

It'll be more than worth it.

Hi Harry,

I'll keep your request in mind if I continue to develop XaReg.

So far only 4 people have donated so it must not be that useful to people or they don't think it worth supporting.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Tried to donate Bill but ran up against the same problem that always hacks me off with PayPal. Tried to pay straight via my card but it tells me my card is already associated with a PayPal account [which it is, though rarely used] and that my password isn't right. I then apply to change my password and all ok. Except, when I go back to your payment page and try to pay it tells me my card is registered to another account [i.e. my account under my previous password] and I'd have to use another card! This is why I don't use PayPal much Please advise me of a way I can donate via another route and I will gladly contribute
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Hi John,

I don't know much about paypal. I think what their message is trying to say is you can use your existing paypal account to send a donation and it will appear on your card's bill as if you used it.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

It won't let me pay with that card. I'll have to dig my other one out
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Use Paypal as the method of payment and tell it your Paypal account. It will be charged to your card.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

It wont let me. It says my card is registered to another account. There are no cards registered to my account under my new password, but I can't add my card because etc etc etc. I would have to change my card, address and email. Usually, when I see PayPal I don't bother cos I've had this before. What they want, I think, is for me to open a 'verified' account and pay them money. All I want to do is pay with my card, but if I use the form on the left side of the screen it recognizes me and wont let me use my card. Not usually this thick - if it's me not grasping it - but PayPal always produces these grrrrr moments with me.

I'll try closing my account with them and starting again

John, I think I finally understand.

Your card is associated with an old account for which you no longer have the password?

You created a new account and it won't let you associate the same card to the new account?

I see why I never used Paypal before. A friend recommended I try paypal and ask for donations for XaReg because of the financially unsound position I find myself in currently. Only income presently is a part time job and getting only 28 to 32 hours a week at less than $9.00 an hour. Hard to make morgage payments, car payments and utility payments on that pay scale.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update