Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Trouble with repeating object

I have a site I'm working on (in Xtreme Pro 5) and there is a banner across the top, which is comprised of a number of things that are grouped.

I have made this banner whole pixels in both size and location, have made it a repeating object, and have forced it to export as jpeg.

When I export the site, I get three copies of that banner image in the output, all jpeg, all identical. Interestingly, I have 9 pages that this banner is supposed to repeat on, so I don't understand why I have 3 and not 9 copies if it's something to do with size or placement or something.

I have gone through every object on every layer and I don't see any duplicates of this banner haning around behind objects or to the side of the page or anything. I actually went in and deleted it from the top of every page and exported - now there are, as expected, no copies of that banner exported.

So I re-created it (read: pasted) back on page one, made sure of pixel alignment, and made it a repeating object again. On export, I get 0.jpg, 1.jpg, and 2.jpg.

If I browse the site, I can see that the first page uses 0.jpg, the second and third pages use 1.jpg, and the remainder use 2.jpg. Also interesting is that all of the pages were created by selecting page 1 and doing a "duplicate current page".

Any thoughts on why this is happening? It's not a huge deal, as the banner is only 23k or so, but I'd like it to be clean. I still have a few other things that need to be taken out to limit the grapics, but this is the primary offender.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 25 June 2009 at 12:32 AM. Reason: Attachment removed by request

Default Re: Trouble with repeating object

Hi slavelle

I deleted all the off page rectangles and exported. only one jpeg produced. Now trying to find out why that works :confused

Drwyd

Edit: Correction - exported your file with no changes and only found one jpeg
    Last edited by Drwyd; 22 June 2009 at 09:38 PM.

Same here Scott.
    I exported your site without making any changes and only 1 banner was created.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	slavelle.png 
Views:	285 
Size:	23.2 KB 
ID:	62607
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 22 June 2009 at 09:53 PM.

As a side note the fully justified text is behaving itself in all the main browsers (FF, IE, Chrome and Opera) Safari shows a very minor difference.

Drwyd

Hmmm.So are these possibly getting stuck coming from a cache somehow? As I mentionted, when I right click the banner at the top of the pages, it actually shows as using those images, so it's not as if I can just delete them and move one. This happens whether I preview or export the website.

Thanks for looking so far...

Showing here as 0.jpg on all pages. Does it produce all three when you export to another folder?

Drwyd

So I tried deleting all of the files from that folder and exporting and I get the 0.jpg and 1.jpg. Then, I created a completely new folder and exported to there and still got 2 copies.

hmmm....not 3 copies, but 2 with no changes...

Now that is a head scratcher

Drwyd

Try loading this up and exporting, it is your .xar file unchanged. maybe Sledgers and my copies are stripping out the error somehow. Its a long shot but you never know.

Second thoughts, try closing and re-loading Xara first, it may be just a temporary glitch.

Drwyd
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi slavelle, I confirm that I only get 1 jpg file on export from your untouched original. Strange behaviour indeed. One word of caution, I see your using an iStock photo in the site. I don't think it's a great idea to post iStock images to the forums as you don't know who's going to pinch a copy
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host