Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: auto fill switch?

Open a new document, preferably using your desired default template.

Turn on the option "Give new objects most recent attributes" (Options | General tab).

Draw an ellipse or a rectangle.

Select the object, access the Fill tool, and select Flat fill. If there's a fill color you'd prefer as default, assign that fill color.

Draw another shape, and verify that it has the same flat fill. If so, you can delete that object.

Save the file as a template (File | Save Template). If you want this template to be your default, check the Use As Your Default Template box under the preview window on the right in the Save Template dialog.

Start a new file based on the template. Draw another shape and verify that the object has the flat fill.

If it's working, you should be able to delete any shapes from the template and save it as a template again.

If it's still giving you bitmap fills from that template, let us know and we'll continue to work on it. You might have to reinstall, but let's try the template route first.

I'm leaving off pursuing this (for now) as it's just not time worthy, thanks for all the help. Just one more bit of info on this deal is that when I export a drawing to pdf all objects are bitmap filled in the pdf, but not in the original drawing.

I purchased the cd for this program but never recieved it or I would re-install Xara. Do we get mail state side from Great Britan I guess I could try again (tried several times already) to get cd.

I do believe it worked amoore. It's stuck in bad dog mode with the old drawing but I can live with that. Would still be nice to get that cd from Xara, any idea's? Maybe persistence is the key.

Xara will not have the CDs to send out until sometime in July. I would guess that August will be about the earliest anyone can expect to receive their CD.

The new release just yesterday with bug fixes and some new bugs reported may delay the pressing of the CDs until a later date. Just my guess.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Thanx for the info. My Xara is at least 2 years old, so not sure what will happen. By the way, where do I look to find the version?

Click on the Help menu and then click About. The popup will show the version. Close the About popup and then open it again to see how it changes.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Thanx. Looked in properties but didn't think about the about
    Version 2.Oe CD Dec 1 2005

Quote Originally Posted by wannabee View Post
    Thanx. Looked in properties but didn't think about the about
    Version 2.Oe CD Dec 1 2005
    Your version number appears to indicate that you installed Xtreme from the CD.
    Download versions are identified with letters 'DL'.

Until the Xtreme 5 CD's are mailed out, Xtreme 5 will also show as 'DL'
    Name:  xtremeDL.png
Views: 158
Size:  407 Bytes

Maybe you can try this.
    Click anywhere on the page to unselect your shape or shapes and then go to fill and see if bitmap is selected. If it is then with nothing selected fill/flat then make a new shape and see what happens. It may then default to a linear fill, if so, then flat fill. Hopefully that will fix your problem.
    When I was messing around trying to recreate your problem, I made a shape and fill'/bitmap, then clicked on the white page area to deselect and then deleted the shape. Thereafter every time I made a new shape it filled with the bitmap and no fill arrows, unless I clicked on the shape while in the fill tool.
    So I clicked on the page to unselect and then fill/flat to set the default, created a new shape and it was back to normal except for some reason it wants to default to a linear fill. If that happens flat fill and then unselect and set flat fill again. Now all should be back like you want it.
    I really, really, really hope this helps.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.