Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Updated trial versions of Pro 5.1 and Xtreme 5.1

So please can everyone update to this version and let us know if you find any new problems.
    No new problems, but this is still broke. Please, is there any chance of a fix before Xtreme 6? It would seem a trivially simple bug to solve.

Re: Updated trial versions of Pro 5.1 and Xtreme 5.1

I can't believe you guys haven't figured out how to update over current versions yet! Here we go...

Find program that allows me to save 'some' of my preferences and settings, download that program, install that program, figure out how to get that program to save the settings etc., [hopefully] save settings, uninstall Xara, restart windows, install new version, restart windows, pray problems others had aren't present, reconfigure settings, enjoy my new 1988 looking workspace... WooHoo! That was fun, wasn't it? ...and Oh-So-Easy!

... and all of that before the "Upgrade" is even Shipped!! Thanks team! Great job! I have lots of time for this sort of thing! Can't wait for the next upgrade...
    Last edited by Zupdude; 28 June 2009 at 05:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cursor View Post
    Will the removal/installation process affect our 3x-installation count/limit? Thanks.
    Huh? 3x install? What's that about?

Default Stacking/packing of objects in alignment menu

There's still that requested option to implant :-) It was already available in DrawPlus on Risc Os many years ago and added to ArtWorks later on.

Ernst Dinkla

5.1 when i use the screenshot option and use the ctrl + q to capture the screenshot, 5.1 just crash's and creates an error report to ms, I am using vista ultimate 64bit not sure if any one else is having the same problem with using the screenshot function, i have purchase a copy of 5.1, I love xara as a product i have purchase all the pro versions and have just updated to this new version so if this is a problem, i hope it will get retified before they send out the cd version.
    Last edited by amdesign; 01 July 2009 at 02:34 PM. Reason: added more details about problem found

Tried the trail and saw that the startup time of Xara was STILL way to long compared to version 3. This is getting way to bloated for my liking.

Why is Xara becomming so slow to startup beginning with Xtreme 4 uptill 5. This is very unpleasant?

I miss the days of Artworks. :-(

Hi Manut,

Can't say as I experience this.
    Under four seconds for Xtreme Pro 5.1 to start up on my machine.
    Same for version 4 pro and version 3.2 pro.

Version 2 took three seconds exactly, as did X1.

Might be that lot's of 3rd party plugins could slow the launch, though I have quite a few actually.

Hi Manut,

I've got a relatively slow machine, an AMD 1800+ (1.53 Mhz) and Xara Xtreme loads fairly quickly. As Sledger says, around 4 seconds start to finish.

I would do a complete system check to see what might be slowing your system down. Viruses, bots, shortage of disk space, incorrect system settings, things like that.
    Ed......:-)

All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you.
    -Gandalf (from Lord of the Rings) - Xara s/w - Xara Designer Pro X11

I had Xtreme and bought and installed now the Xtreme Pro version ( both in the 5.1.0.9131 version). Xtreme Pro installed itself in a separate folder. While I can work with Xtreme smoothly I am very disappointed that Xtreme Pro is so much slower. Can't use it since, e.g. if I move an object with the mouse, I do not see where it is going - it takes 2-3 seconds until it jumps to the new position which I had to guess with my mouse. Again: no such problem with the "non-pro" Xtreme. Also Photshop, Illustrator, Indesign run without speed problems. I use Vista Business on a notebook LG P300 with 4GB (3GB for Windows) physical memory (3GB for Windows), Core2Duo T8300 and Nvidia GeForce 8600M GS. Physical memory typically is used below 25% - 50%. Can one do something against the Xtreme Pro slowlyness? I did not find anything in this forum.