Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: [Problem] Inner glow of a shape

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    See attached file to see my workaround...
    Thanks for the clarification. Very similar as you say.

The issue I had, was that I removed not only the fill, but also the outer line, at which point the shadow (or glow) disappears also!

Hi Ampa, my point was that it only requires converting the line to a shape and it's no big deal to do this. As long as the logic of doing this is grasped, then it could easily be the last part of
    the drawing process after you have the lines how you want them. It is all part of the learning curve of the program.
    Let's face it, the basic tools and how they work are pretty intuitive, far more so than other vector programs. I agree, though it would be nice to be able to do things more simply in some areas,
    but just think how much more difficult they are to perform in other interfaces that are cluttered with dialogue boxes which prevent simple operations being performed on the fly as they are in Xtreme.
    I'd say let's be thankful for what we've got. Xara will get around to many of the requests on these forums eventually.
    The Original Post was asking how these thing could be done and that's what we've been explaining. In a perfect world you are right, of course, but none of the competition are perfect either.
    In these financially uncertain times I don't think Xara can afford to do too much other than maintain the status quo. Maybe in a few years...
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Quote Originally Posted by Ampa View Post
    The issue I had, was that I removed not only the fill, but also the outer line, at which point the shadow (or glow) disappears also!
    No wonder there was no shadow left, because with the fill and outline gone, the whole shape was gone and, thus, its shadow too!