Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Color

Okay, so I finally got my answer from the Xara company, and now I have another question. See Xara said to go to bitmap gallery and trace it, only now I don't know how to color it. Does anyone here have anything for me before I bug Xara again?

Okay, so I finally got my answer from the Xara company, and now I have another question. See Xara said to go to bitmap gallery and trace it, only now I don't know how to color it. Does anyone here have anything for me before I bug Xara again?

Are you referring to your original question about coloring your Anime drawing?

If so, I think your question was answered in your original post.

Using the Bitmap Tracer is probably not the answer although if you could get a good and accurate trace (not all that likely), it would create a series of vector objects which you could select and color individually.

But your best bet is the black and white bitmap with Stained Glass transparenct applied over a series of colored object under the bitmap.

Gary

Hi SilverVulpine,

I would suggest clicking on Help=>Movies and watching the videos that come with xara at this point. It will give you enough information to "hit the ground running". see pretty picture for visual assistance.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1upload.jpg 
Views:	228 
Size:	67.2 KB 
ID:	7640  

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SilverVulpine:
    Okay, so I finally got my answer from the Xara company, and now I have another question. See Xara said to go to bitmap gallery and trace it, only now I don't know how to color it. Does anyone here have anything for me before I bug Xara again? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi SilverVulpine! I wanna help you, I cannot draw anime pictures, but I think this technique very easy and clear for you. Probably it's usable for simple pictures http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/cool.gif

Alexander
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tracing-coloring.jpg 
Views:	230 
Size:	81.0 KB 
ID:	19147