Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Default Re: Thank you and good bye! I'm no longer Xara's target audience.

The BIG and MAJOR "new" function would be a correct CMYK support at least, before be claimed like a PRO version! All the rest is nothing. CMYK support is a key. I know, we had learn some tricks to avoid some hidden troubles to use Xtreme as a every-day-tool (no less), but... it's still tricks. When we can use Xtreme in a direct way, without some "curves"? I like the Ferrari comparison )) Speedy - yes, but in the old body!!!

P.S. Actually, the new nowadays vectors tools are very welcome!

covoxer: Yes. And JA probably too. But, about 95% of others would not. Thus, to compensate the losses the price should actually go to something more like $5000. And in this case I doubt anyone would buy it. So, generally speaking, if we raise the price even adding whatever new features, we would be in a big trouble.
    I agree. But think about 99.9% "pro" designers wouldn't ever agree even to test Xtreme without BASIC "pro" stuff like CMYK. And THESE designers are paying $600 every year just to march in step with a progress. Think about.
    Lead designer,
    MichelMour LLC
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by JokeArtist View Post
    I download the trial of all the different versions just to have a play ... there wasn't any changes of node editing in there ... such as symmetry snap tools. So you stand corrected.

As soon there is a difference then I will upgrade have no fear ... as I said ... I would be prepared to pay big style for new vector tools.
    JA, you were complaining about node editing, not working, not having new tools. I re-iterate - the errors in the node editing where you complain "because you can't get it perfect then you'll spot the mistakes because Xara's node editting is not perfect", was corrected in version 4.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by ss-kalm View Post
    JA, you were complaining about node editing, not working, not having new tools. I re-iterate - the errors in the node editing where you complain "because you can't get it perfect then you'll spot the mistakes because Xara's node editting is not perfect", was corrected in version 4.
    So can Xara do this in version 4 then? No it can't. That's what I mean about unprofessional node editting and having to do it by site alone.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nices.gif 
Views:	260 
Size:	20.9 KB 
ID:	62357  
    IP

ok - but even I can see that is not a question of xtreme being inaccurate, rather of the tool not doing what you would like it to

these are not the same thing
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    ok - but even I can see that is not a question of xtreme being inaccurate, rather of the tool not doing what you would like it to

No matter what you call it or what you choose to see... You could draw more accurately with Xara if James' suggested, node editing (vector enhancement) was available. As for for curved-line segments become straight ones when performing path operations, this was finally fixed in X4.

Risto
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post

I didn't say it gave inaccurate results ... only by the hand and the eye of the user when there should be away to take away such inaccuracies as it's vital for hires professional jobs.

And it's such a simple thing as well ... totally simple ... as I said before I don't think that there are any developers left at Xara Ltd that actually understand the inner workings of the programme to make such simple changes ... it seems like all superficial work that goes on ... either adding a new extension here or a conservatory there. But no changes to the underlying structure of the vector engine (i.e. the wiring and plumbing of the house) or additional improvements to make it a better drawing tool.
    Last edited by JokeArtist; 16 June 2009 at 05:27 PM.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by JokeArtist View Post
    ... as I said before I don't think that there are any developers left at Xara Ltd that actually understand the inner workings of the programme to make such simple changes ... it seems like all superficial work that goes on ...
    These were indeed my thoughts , too. Not that the website building is not a great asset, but the complete absence of any vector tool improvements for years make it seem like the relevant knowledge has been forgotten or most likely lost (the capable personal).
    IP

If you zero the ruler on the node you want to adjust you can enter precise placement of the curve handles. Xtreme version 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	node control.jpg 
Views:	221 
Size:	99.0 KB 
ID:	62359  
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bailey View Post
    If you zero the ruler on the node you want to adjust you can enter precise placement of the curve handles. Xtreme version 2
    You're not suggesting that as an ideal way to work with curves? I think most people would want to stick with nodes and dragging handles when they are drawing the serpentine, not messing with dialog boxes.
    IP

No thats not what I'm suggesting,
    I didn't say it gave inaccurate results ... only by the hand and the eye of the user when there should be away to take away such inaccuracies as it's vital for hires professional jobs.
    But if one wants to be precise as was stated in the the argument there is a way.
    IP