Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Default Re: Petition For More Vector Tools for XX6 ... No Discussion Just Sign

Quote Originally Posted by JokeArtist View Post
    I'll complain even if there is new vector tools because I'll want even more! It will give me the taste for new ways of drawing. LOL
    I agree. I don't think any are saying Xtreme is a bad program, if we didn't like it we would not be using it. And nothing is ever perfect, but...well you've heard it all before.

Hand raised

One of the vector tools I've yearned for from Xara Studio is an effective arc creation tool - drawing arcs in Xara is a real pain; and an offset tool would be nice, and, and ... yes, I'd like more basic vector tools, and would prefer them to the fancy (albeit) very clever 3D stuff (which I've never used).

No! No more Vector Tools! Please... Please, no more Vector Tools... I beg you...

Trick question. Could be phrased better.

I would say yes to an improved vector tool set, but, not at the exclusion of other important needed improvements.

I DO think it is an important feature set of Xtreme that needs attention. I DON'T think it is important enough to focus only on that.

I DO think it is a mistake to fold in all the web features Xara has into Xtreme. Bringing out Web Designer was smart, but I DON'T think it was smart to include Web Designer in Xtreme. They should have diverged the product sets.

I DO think better support for print is the right move. Multiple pages, better layering, pantone, etc. I DON'T think Xara has this one down yet.

So my answer . . . Yes and No.

Red

Big Plan Creative - Napoleon had one . . . Einstein had one . . . Do you have one?

Default Re: vectors ??? Re: Petition For More Vector Tools for XX6 ... No Discussion Just Si

Quote Originally Posted by lutz View Post
    ( Vectors ???? what are vectors ? ;-)
    Xara is a photo editor and website program!!! ;-) )

Of course I am rooting for/asking for new vector tools.
    Sigh...

Xara is NOT A BITMAP EDITOR.

The need of proper vector handling and the lack of a proper pressure sensitivity has driven me in the arms of Adobe (and now I'll have to adapt to CS4...)

There's just ONE thing Xara is missing: good pressure sensitivity. If I want to edit photographs I use a good bitmap editor. The inclusion of the photo tool in v4 was a good move and really helps to speed up my workflow, but Camelot/Xara/Xtreme used to be a small and lightweight (= fast) vector editor.

Please people at Gaddesden, keep your eyes on the ball.

So, my vote for more vector tools will be a resounding YES. I might be inclined to return to the Xara stables ...