Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Sticky Popup tweak no longer needs hidden objects linked to it

With Web Designer it used to be so that if you used a tweak called Sticky Popup you had to hide an object with a popup linkage somewhere in onder for the popup layer to be hidden before covoxer's javascript called for it.

Now it appears that there is no need for the hidden linking object anymore.
    Sticky popups work simply by using the javascript. This is really good since it is one step less in the process.

Can anyone confirm this?

Anyway I hope the whole process with Stickies sees an improvement in the future so that it is a matter of checking a checkbox whether a popup is a sticky or not. Or at least the application automatically updates the names in the handwritten code if object names get changed.

Stickies are essential, I love them!

Default Re: Sticky Popup tweak no longer needs hidden objects linked to it

I'm not sure? I don't have a 'Sticky Popup' tweak - unless you mean the Locking popups tweak?

LP's don't need anything hidden to make them work - I've only used the tweak a few times, so I may be wrong there.

The name you used is the correct one.

However, I have had to use this tweak a billion times so really I know it requires an object referring to the layer via the Popup Layer dropdown in the Web Properties panel. Otherwise the layer that is intended to be hidden prior to calling it will be visible when the page loads.

Of course, it is possible that I have added this extra step on my own, but that should not be the case. I remember it was discussed somewhere in the WD forum when newbies could not get the thing to work.

I can not confirm this. If you have no object reffering to the popup layer, it is not considered a popup.
    If I get you right that is.
    Generally speaking, HTML functionality of the current X5 is mostly identical to the XWD.
    Only some bugs are fixed but nothing significand.
    John.

Ok, I checked this out quite thoroughly and learned something new along the way.

Regarding the topic X5 is working as WD was working before.

Before this I though one would have to make a reference to the popup layer in Web Properties dialog for every page, even if the layer names were identical on several pages. This appears not to be true. If several pages share same layer names for popup layers then those layers need to be referenced only once.

While this finding is very welcome I will probably stick to my old method since it is easier to count popup triggers on page basis.

Just in case someone does not know; the object that is set to trigger (reference) the popup layer can be placed on the pasteboard. That way you don't have to make them super small or invisible. Makes life easier.