Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Default Re: Xara are forcing Brits to subsidise their American customers?

When you buy your license from a reseller such as Albert, you can unlock the same trial download from Xara as you would if you purchased your license from Xara directly. There is no *waiting for downloads* (Albert has a link to the trial download on his home page)
    Difference is, you will be supporting a local reseller and, when available, the Retail CD will be supplied by them. They will also help you with after sales support if necessary.

So, it comes down to whether or not supporting a local reseller is important to you.
    Once all resellers have their stock of Retails CD's, it's likely that you will receive the CD much sooner than from Xara (unless Xara are the closer to you than Albert for example )
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 09 June 2009 at 09:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ss-kalm View Post
    Does buying directly from Xara have any advantages, that you can't offer?
    Not that I can think of.
    Regards, Albert G. Kubbenga

Quote Originally Posted by Improv View Post
    ... prices are pretty much the same.
    In both cases there's a price difference of approx. $ 10 CDN.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    When you buy your license from a reseller such as Albert, you can unlock the same trial download from Xara as you would if you purchased your license from Xara directly. There is no *waiting for downloads* (Albert has a link to the trial download on his home page)
    Difference is, you will be supporting a local reseller and, when available, the Retail CD will be supplied by them. They will also help you with after sales support if necessary.
    In an earlier post from Albert, I got the impression that they had CDs only, no downloadable purchases as Xara has. And Sparwood BC Canada is 300-400 miles (or whatever) away from Vancouver. Hardly a local purchase.
    As for reseller support, I have never needed it unless software products are defective.

So, it comes down to whether or not supporting a local reseller is important to you.
    It works both ways though-why should I purchase from a business just because they chose to locate in the same part of the world when there is no advantage for me? No reason at all actually. Businesses should be supported because of their merits, not as a patriotic duty. It's a business, not an individual friend, family member or acquaintance.

I'll buy from Xara, thanks.

Bye.

Not a problem, Improv; enjoy the software!

Quote Originally Posted by Improv View Post
    .....why should I purchase from a business just because they chose to locate in the same part of the world when there is no advantage for me....
    I think there is definitely an advantage - Consider the following:

You get the same download, and the same unlock code, so there is no difference there.

The resellers will probably (although I have no basis in fact for this supposition) get their stock of CD's before Xara sends them to the end users, and Albert will probably ship from his stock to you, quicker than Xara will, as his list is nowhere near as long.

On a $25.40 CDN purchase (including everything - shipping and taxes) from Albert for the Xara Xtreme 5 upgrade from XX4 and XWD. From Xara you will pay (the same as I paid) $24.00 US plus $8.00 US shipping - $32.00 US (Approx $35.34 CDN at todays prices). Not a great saving in actual dollars ($9.94), but substantial as a percentage. Close to the same applies for XXP5 - $59 CDN from Albert or $54.00 US plus $8.00 US shipping and handling - $62.00 US ($68.48 CDN) - a saving of $9.48.

I don't see where you see a disadvantage here.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

I think there is definitely an advantage ...
    Good for you, and that's YOUR opinion, nothing more. So go buy from him already if you feel that strongly.

Whatever, I really couldn't care now-I bought from Xara.
    Last edited by Improv; 10 June 2009 at 03:49 AM.

Actually it's a fact (if only the less cost bit), not an opinion. However now you've bought from Xara (as I did), please enjoy XX5. I wasn't trying to be offensive, just trying to point out advantages.

It was you who pointed out earlier .... "Am I missing something, or is Albert and Pardooz just offering a very good price to us Canadians?". Why are you upset with me for agreeing with you?
    Keith
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Actually it's a fact (if only the less cost bit), not an opinion. However now you've bought from Xara (as I did), please enjoy XX5. I wasn't trying to be offensive, just trying to point out advantages.
    What you perceive as advantages-trivialities to me.

So be it!
    Keith