Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Xara are forcing Brits to subsidise their American customers?

Quote Originally Posted by Splodger View Post
    Would xara ship the cd on behalf of the reseller or would the reseller send it themselves?
    We normally ship the software from our local, Canadian stock.
    Regards, Albert G. Kubbenga

A problem might arise at customs, because despite the key code being the real value of the purchase, the disc has a face value that is above the customs threshold. If for some reason I was asked to pay duty by customs (and worst of all an admin fee to process the payment, levied by the courier) it wouldn't make buying from abroad any cheaper.

All I can say is that we've never had any customs issues yet sending software abroad.

Quote Originally Posted by akubbeng View Post
    Hi Splodger, I'm glad to say your assumption is not correct. We - like other Resellers, I think - can ship all Xara products worldwide.
    Hi Albert,

I am in Vancouver and had a look at upgrade pricing on the Pardooz site.
    It seems that I can get XXP 5 upgrade from XXP4+Web Designer for $25.40?
    Is that an electronic download?

Also, why is the Pardooz price $25.40 Cdn but on the Xara.com web site, the price for the same upgrade is $59.51 Cdn .

Xara's price seems to be more than 2x the Pardooz price!

Am I missing something, or is Albert and Pardooz just offering a very good price to us Canadians? :-)

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    You can find a list of resellers here:

http://site.xara.com/ordering/world.asp

Worldwide resellers also ship the Retail Version CD's when available.
    Thanks sledger.

Quote Originally Posted by Improv View Post
    Am I missing something, or is Albert and Pardooz just offering a very good price to us Canadians? :-)
    Hi Improv,

please note that the CDN 25.40 (all-in) you mentioned applies when you purchase the upgrade from Xtreme 4 and Web Designer to Xtreme 5 (xara.com: CDN 26.48 ex + $ 8 US (or CDN 8.80) for shipping).

And we charge CDN 59 (again all-in) for the upgrade from Xtreme PRO 4 and Web Designer to Xtreme PRO 5 (xara.com: CDN 59.59 ex + $ 8 US (or CDN 8.80) for shipping).

Prices above are for the CD-version, not the electronic download and are available to all, not just Canadians .
    Last edited by akubbeng; 09 June 2009 at 08:24 PM.

Damn, I wish I'd have known that sooner......

Albert - Does buying directly from Xara have any advantages, that you can't offer? Maybe I'll do my business with you in the future.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by akubbeng View Post
    Hi Improv,

please note that the CDN 25.40 (all-in) you mentioned applies when you purchase the upgrade from Xtreme 4 and Web Designer to Xtreme 5 (xara.com: CDN 26.48 ex + $ 8 US (or CDN 8.80) for shipping).
    Yes, as I mentioned in my previous post, I was looking for the upgrade from XXP4 and Web Designer because that is what I now have!

And we charge CDN 59 (again all-in) for the upgrade from Xtreme PRO 4 and Web Designer to Xtreme PRO 5 (xara.com: CDN 59.59 ex + $ 8 US (or CDN 8.80) for shipping).
    Ok, if you go to this page:

http://www.pardooz.com/upgradesxt.html

It seems that I was originally looking at the Xtreme 4 and Web Designer upgrade, not the Xtreme Pro4 and Web Designer upgrade which is listed at $50 Cdn, plus shipping.

So I guess I either order from Xara and get the download immediately and wait longer for the CD to ship or I order from Pardooz and wait a few days for shipping with no download to play with immediately.

No real advantage when the prices are pretty much the same.

Prices above are for the CD-version .
    Do you have the CDs now for immediate shipping?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Improv View Post
    Do you have the CDs now for immediate shipping?
    CD's will be available from Xara and Authorized resellers sometime in July.
    In the past resellers receive their retail CD stock shortly after Xara Ltd actually have them.

The advantage of using a local reseller is that you are supporting a local business, prices may be more competitive and you will receive your retail version CD sooner than waiting for overseas mail to arrive (once the reseller has their stock of course).

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    CD's will be available from Xara and Authorized resellers sometime in July.
    In the past resellers receive their retail CD stock shortly after Xara Ltd actually have them.

The advantage of using a local reseller is that you are supporting a local business, prices may be more competitive and you will receive your retail version CD sooner than waiting for overseas mail to arrive (once the reseller has their stock of course).
    Thanks, that settles it then for me. Prices seem to be virtually the same. But if I order from Xara directly there is no waiting for several weeks with the download.