Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Online activation & registration now enforced ?

Hi,
    I bought the upgrade, received the serial number and had to realize that online activation & registration is enforced now. On top there was a note stating that hardware changes will require reactivation....
    Thats a real killer. I change hardware frequently and have 2 notebooks which I use depending on the needs at the customer site.

I can only hope that this is only true for the download version.
    Juergen

Default Re: Online activation & registration now enforced ?

Same deal as with Web Designer.
    30 day trial unless you register and activate.

Limited activations. If you need more, contact Xara with a credible reason and they will increase your activation limit accordingly.

Ok. anybody want my V5 license ?

-added - asked Xara support to revert the sales if the mentioned is true for CD version as well -
    Last edited by juergen; 05 June 2009 at 01:58 PM. Reason: addition not worth a new reply

Does it come with your Windows and Office license too?

Actually I'd like a little clarification on this (the activations, not whether we also get his office and windows licenses as well

The EULA still mentions that you can have the software installed on more than one computer as long as it's enforced that only you will ever use it and that you'll only ever use it on one computer at a time (or at least, that's how I read it when I installed).

The confirmation email with the serial number mentioned that re-activation may be carried out up to three times.

I've installed V5 on my home windows PC and also on my laptop and activated it both places. Due to the size of my computer desk I most definitely use either the pc or the laptop but not both.

So, does "three activations" mean a total of exactly three activations no matter what, or does it mean "you can activate it on up to three different machines in total, but on each machine you can activate as many times as needed as long as you don't change out hardware but you just need to re-install"?

I'm assuming that last one since one of the more common solutions to problems with the software is to uninstall and reinstall it to see if that clears things up, or the situation where you download a new patch update release and it wants you to re-activate (if that actually happens).

Hopefully this isn't a dumb question, I didn't get Web Designer so I don't know if this was hashed out somewhere else or something.
    This signature would be seven words long if it was six words shorter.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Limited activations. If you need more, contact Xara with a credible reason and they will increase your activation limit accordingly.
    Seems pretty clear to me. Just send an email to Xara if you're not sure - each case is probably judged on its merit.

Ok, I got my answer. Everything's all sorted now.
    This signature would be seven words long if it was six words shorter.