Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Content Aware Photo Editing

D/L'ed the new XX5 and I like having a full tool set/options of XX for web development (as opposed to the the reduced XWD tool set options).

Been messing about with the new Content Aware Photo Editing. It's a very welcome addition. For anyone wanting to experiment with this new tool I attach an image file that's good to cut your teeth on.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cap.png 
Views:	361 
Size:	80.7 KB 
ID:	61912  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Default Re: Content Aware Photo Editing

Content Aware Photo Editing allows you to achieve the results as shown below:

On the left is the image in my first post just reduced in width. The cartoon characters get squashed along with everything else.

The image on the right is the same width but CAP allows the cartoon characters to retain their correct sizes.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cap2.png 
Views:	342 
Size:	84.5 KB 
ID:	61913  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

The CAS tool certainly is cool and will have real practical uses for photographers for reducing or stretching parts of an image while using the mask to protect areas from distortion.

Also very much a fun tool

Here's 'Cassy' - have I made her taller or shorter??

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cassy.jpg 
Views:	367 
Size:	44.9 KB 
ID:	61914

hopefully that's a rhetorical question Steve - right?

the masking is good - I can stretch backgrounds without distorting the characters - I can see this being very useful to me
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Yes it is useful Steve.
    It is also quite simple, just a few steps.

Here's a quite Video to demonstrate.

*Click to buffer & play

Or view at FULL SCREEN

I've had this video for a while but only now been able to find time to upload it. This seems like as good a place as any to advertise it; hope people find it useful.

Very useful, very clear, Xhris. Great tutorial, thanks!

I see a problem with that, as demonstrated in Egg's second post. The unstretched elements in the resulting image lose their sharpness.

The images below were done XXP4. The effect is the same, but the resulting images are as sharp as Egg's original. The mask tool is very nice, but it really appears to be just another toy that adds very little to the functionality of Xtreme. Just, in my humblest of opinions, another toy that underlines the Swiss Army Knife metaphor.

Of course, it's horses for courses. If it keeps the run-of-the-mill digital camera user happy, and that is the market Magix have told Xara to aim at, then it fulfils its task very well.

http://i598.photobucket.com/albums/t...taz_boop00.png

http://i598.photobucket.com/albums/t...taz_boop01.png

http://i598.photobucket.com/albums/t...taz_boop02.png
    Last edited by kinetica; 07 June 2009 at 01:43 PM. Reason: Forgot to add the original for comparison

Quote Originally Posted by kinetica View Post
    I see a problem with that, as demonstrated in Egg's second post. The unstretched elements in the resulting image lose their sharpness.
    Am I missing something here? I think the right-hand image, the one with CAS applied, in Egg's second post actually looks sharper that the one on the left. I don't know how you achieved the squeeze effect in your images in XX4, but it looks like you cut and blended certain part. Quite a different effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    Am I missing something here?
    Yes, clearly. Although it may be partly my fault for not creating a video to illustrate the effect.

I think the right-hand image, the one with CAS applied, in Egg's second post actually looks sharper that the one on the left.
    I was talking about its sharpness as compared to the original image, the one in Egg's first post.[/quote]

I don't know how you achieved the squeeze effect in your images in XX4, but it looks like you cut and blended certain part. Quite a different effect.
    Not really.