Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Default Re: Version 5.1 Launched

As was just said to me elsewhere around here, a little knowledge can go a long way . . . I guess I did benefit by getting the functionality sooner & being able to pay in installments. It takes longer for some of us to catch on than others.
    Just to provide some balance, I have been very happy with XWD, even though I'll be abandoning it now, and I'm happy to have everything wrapped up in one program.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by RedWombat View Post
    Xara should have diverged the product lines by moving all the web features into WD and focused Xtreme around vector tools and print. Again, again, this is just my opinion.
    I agree with that!! I was more than a bit shocked to find it included. I don't won't my no.1 vector tool bloated with WD
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by dvector View Post
    I don't won't my no.1 vector tool bloated with WD
    Please see Xara web developer response to this:

http://www.talkgraphics.com/showpost...3&postcount=22
    IP

"Stretching of rounded rectangles now retains the corner radius. Which means no more stretched corners!"

Now that alone almost makes the upgrade worthwhile. That and improved PDF and ai handling.
    I could care less about web design features - I have been using Dreamweaver for years, but as long as the program is a nimble as ever then I dont mind them being there. Though I am confused as to why Xara felt the need to include it.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by dvector View Post
    I was more than a bit shocked to find it included. I don't won't my no.1 vector tool bloated with WD
    I'm the opposite, I'm glad that I will finally be able to retire PageMill 10 years after Adobe discontinued it. The more stuff Xara can do for me, the less I have to rely on other applications, the happier I am.
    IP

I'm a long-time Xara user, (since Corel Xara), and I use Xara for most every graphic-producing need.

I must say I'm disappointed with this new version and really don't see any great benefit to this upgrade. I'm especially disappointed because I recently purchased Web Designer, which is in desperate need of improvements as a stand-alone application. Frankly, it's slow and clunky; adjectives rarely, if ever, assigned to Xara applications.

Where are all the wonderful drawing improvements in 5.1? After all, it is a drawing program...

Major disappointment!
    I'm with some of the others here, on this one. I'll wait for 6.
    Last edited by warren; 06 July 2009 at 03:58 PM.
    IP

I've never done any drawing, as such, in it whatsoever. I do find that this version works much faster for me on my most complex projects, so there has obviously been some tweaking of the engine.
    IP

Stretched rounded rectangles not distorted? Wow, I haven't noticed that..
    THAT'S what I'm talking about! Petty little things which "make life better"...

..some 200 more to go and Xara will be a nice tool ; )
    IP

There's been a lot said about the outlay for XWD and then finding that XX5 has all WD functionality built in.

The bottom line (for me anyway) is that the extra discount for being both XX4+WD owner is NOT equal to the cost of WD

I paid £23 for WD in April

Cost to upgrade to XX5 (without WD) £29

Cost to upgrade to XX5 (with WD) £19

Thats a saving of £10 which does not equal the cost of WD.

That said - I am beginning to appreciate the minor irritations of XX4 that have been solved - like printing of background layers - non distorion of rounded corners etc - so all in all a good release.

If anybody (at Xara) knows if I should be entitled to my missing £13 then let me know.
    Alan
    IP

Hear,hear I'd like my missing £13 as well!
    IP