Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Default Re: Version 5.1 Launched

Ugh...I'm tired of reading all these complaints about being 'tricked' into buying WD.

I'm afraid the real problem here with all this refund talk etc. is the assumption some people apparently made that there would be no HTML export feature (or improvements) in Xtreme 5, therefore they had to buy WD.

Given that Xtreme 4 had a full HTML web export feature, it's pretty ridiculous to think that customers of Xtreme would be denied it in the next version if it were removed, in what would have been a spectacular retrograde, and be forced to buy WD.

When WD came out as a separate, HTML export-only, cut-down, template-based version of Xtreme, it should have been obvious that such HTML export improvements would be in Xtreme version 5, lest, again, existing Xtreme owners get shafted by neglect and no HTML update such that they then have to buy other software for the improvements. WD clearly stated in marketing it's intended purpose and target audience.

I just don't buy any claim that because people foolishly assumed, for no confirmed reason, that improved HTML export wouldn't have been in version 5, and thereby felt they had to buy WD, that this somehow entitles them to a refund of the difference. If you bought WD for this reason, it's because you didn't think carefully/discuss it with others, and/or because you wanted the improved HTML export sooner rather than later (which makes up for the $10 or so price difference).

Again, people should not have assumed the established HTML export feature in Xtreme 4 would be thrown away/neglected just because a separate HTML application for another audience was released. It's just plain common sense. There's nothing more to be said about this.
    Last edited by Xhris; 26 July 2009 at 11:49 PM.
    IP

Default Re: Version 5.1 Launched

Quote Originally Posted by Xhris View Post
    Ugh...I'm tired of reading all these complaints about being 'tricked' into buying WD.
    Amen.. Me too

Quote Originally Posted by Xhris View Post
    ...... that this somehow entitles them to a refund of the difference..
    Ah, but they DO get a refund Xhris as demonstrated in my previous post

It's just plain common sense. There's nothing more to be said about this.
    100% agree - thread closed
    IP