Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Default Re: Version 5.1 Launched

why is there still no support for cmyk that we've be waiting for so long
    www.aciden.ru
    . .. ...:.::.:::: art is a lie...that makes us realize the truth ::::.::.:... .. .
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Aciden View Post
    why is there still no support for cmyk that we've be waiting for so long
    It's on a long list of items in a folder called Things we can't afford to do yet
    IP

It's on a long list of items in a folder called Things we can't afford to do yet
    could you explain why? cause cmyk support is extremely important for the printers...otherwise the "pro" adding would not justify its name
    www.aciden.ru
    . .. ...:.::.:::: art is a lie...that makes us realize the truth ::::.::.:... .. .
    IP

Oh, please don't misunderstand me. I agree with you. But that does not change the fact that Xara have never introduced it into Xtreme, and there can be no other logical reason than "we cannot afford to do it" cleverly disguised as "current market demographics as well as the seasonal developer resources tangent place this particular project attribute firmly in the economic rolling priority future features paradigm".
    IP

Aciden these forums are made up of users of Xara programs. Unless the person making a post is a Xara developer please to not assume anything said here is official.

Kinetica is a user and not a developer. I am a moderator but still I'm only a user of Xara applications. I have no more information about why a particular feature is not included than you have.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

From what I've written and from this CMYK thing and other things on this forum I guess people have started to expect much more than Xara is able to give them... maybe at some point we really thought Xtreme could be as powerful as older brothers (Corel and PS)...
    IP

Well Sponsi, I think it is a question of, where do you put your funds.
    Lately is has been put in webdevelopment improvements, which I can`t say is bad or good, BUT since there is a version called PRO, you might assume
    that PRO (professional) attributes should be available in it.

But I am no PRO, although I have PRO, so these objections form no problem
    to me, but for real PRO's, I reckon this might be a problem, although there are workarounds.
    be aware, not to become a ware.
    IP

Is the new ‘mask layer’ passed to bitmap plug-ins? That is, can we now use PS plug-ins that require a selection area?
    IP

Well, this is interesting.

I'm one of those who purchase Web Designer thinking the product lines would split and Xtreme Pro would focus on Print. My Bad. At least I get a $15 discount for having both Xtreme Pro 4 and Web Designer.

I would say I'm disappointed to see from other posts about the lack of CMYK support. We use Xtreme Pro 4 for a lot of press work, I really wish Xara had worked on this piece.

We also have a lot of export issues when going to press using some of Xtreme's features. I'll have to elaborate sometime.

Never the less, I'll buy XP 5 and see what's been improved or what hasn't.

Red

Big Plan Creative - Napoleon had one . . . Einstein had one . . . Do you have one?
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by BobInce View Post
    Is the new ‘mask layer’ passed to bitmap plug-ins? That is, can we now use PS plug-ins that require a selection area?
    Nope.. not that kind of mask
    IP