Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Default Re: XX5 - Woooo! Another Let Down

Yes, I've done similar things though I don't think they ever consider SEO to be unimportant..

The big disappointment is not what they have done with the core of the app (The Drawing part) but how the lion's share of resources was expended elsewhere.

And i'm not convinced merging the web thing with the drawing app is a good idea either...
    It may make financial sense....(You can sack a few people).
    But what happens to the core parts of your code when there is twice as much "Plugged" into it??? I don't know (im no expert) but im guessing its going to be much harder to make fundamental changes (the kind we all want) when the app is being bloated with nonsense.
    Keep it lean, Keep it mean...
    This web thing is a diversion and a waste of time...
    Someone said they are not trying to compete with the hardcore web apps... so why spend millions trying to bring your little league team up to scratch when they are never going to be seriously more than that.

Bloatware.
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by morphonius_821 View Post
    Someone said they are not trying to compete with the hardcore web apps... so why spend millions trying to bring your little league team up to scratch when they are never going to be seriously more than that.
    Because it is profitable I guess.
    John.

Of course... the money...
    But i guess Im not thinking in terms of short term gains all the time...
    What is the hook? :the fast render, real time, on screen UI, ease of use and quick powerful UI
    The once potential customers have bitten the hook... it can also do web stuff....

Is their hook that much bigger than the competition that they can let their guard right the way down...? (They appear reasonably confident).

I think that John's honesty should put an end to these pointless debates and complaints.
    Xara is in business to survive.
    It's future is not in the hands of Talkgraphics forum members nor in the hands of vector-philes.
    If left to the vector community, Xara would already be dead.
    I personally would also love more vector tools like everyone else but if Xara did produce some for XX5 this would be more a favour than sound business sense.
    Once they make a good profit, I am sure we will see more vector.
    True love is the ultimate truth

In all politeness and not wanting to offend anyone, I don't think the debates are pointless and the complaints are, for the most part, perfectly reasonable. Xtreme is a design and illustration program. Designers have had it pretty good for some time, but illustrators have not. Sure there have been lots of little and incremental improvements, often helping productivity, but not a lot to shout about as far as pure illustration goes.

O.K. Xara does not owe us anything and I think most here have made it clear that we understand that Xara have to make a profit and so must prioritise their time and effort. That does not mean to say we do not have a right to voice our opinions or ask for what we want. Unless we are going to be limited, on these forums, to only praising Xaras products?

Sorry, it is a fact of life, you can't please everybody and that means those who don't get what they want will, almost certainly, complain. Just as others have a right to give opposing views.

As long as we are all polite, what's the problem?

All you need to do is look at the Gallery and see what everyone is using Xara for ... ok there might be some mixed vector and raster creations but the most of it is vector drawings.

Xara might be surviving by giving up on the core of their app and taking it in different directions but they've lost out of my upgrade money and will do so until i have some new tools to use. Productivity improvement are no worth my money.

I'm not terribly familiar with the other illustration applications, as I came here from Paint Shop Pro with a need for something more capable for creating web graphics, logos, type, etc. Xtreme made my ability to create SO much more than I could hope for with PaintShopPro. I got better results (much better) with a small percentage of the time spent to create - which made me able to design more options for the client to choose from of a higher quality in a shorter period of time.

I have messed around with Microsoft's new Expression Design program, tried out a trial of illustrator, watched a lot of videos for the creation process and don't really know what I'm missing, I guess

Maybe this is better for another thread or you can lead this horse to water, but what additional tools would you add to XaraXtreme? I'm not being sarchastic, or funny, I really want to know, because I'm learning. I had a huge leap in understanding and ability in going from PSP to Xtreme, so I'm very open to things that will help me get my thoughts on the screen better.

Quote Originally Posted by slavelle View Post
    What additional tools would you add to XaraXtreme? I'm not being sarchastic, or funny, I really want to know, because I'm learning.
    FLySOLO put up a link on another thread which is the sort of thing the drawing / vector community have me asking for for years from Xara ... check it out ... NEW VECTOR TOOLS

I know it's looks like simple stuff but it really does allow you to work a lot fast when doing vector stuff rather than having to do everything manually in the way that xara works at the moment.