Hi,

I've been trialling Xtreme 4 for a few days and haven't actually got around to doing anything much with it yet. I've been too distracted working my way through the back postings on this forum.

I think I must have trialled every version since X1 and have never taken the plunge and bought the software. The speed was awesome, right from the early days. I do own other Xara bits and pieces though.

Thought Xtreme might replace my aged copy of Freehand MX and the horrible, slightly newer, but rarely used, Coral Suite I own. I have Photoshop too, so it's vector capabilities I'm looking for.

Is there an eraser lurking somewhere in the Xtreme interface that I haven't found yet?

I gather one cannot load anything other than the default brush collection or save brushes to a collection. Am I correct in this assumption?

Decent brush support and an eraser are such basic tools in any graphics software be it Raster or Vector. I think I must just not be able to find them yet. Can somebody please show me where they are hiding? Layers seem a little clunky to use too.

Felt I just had to say what a really great bunch of kind, helpful people hang out here. Bouquets to all of you. Just love the genial one-up-manship that takes place and the incredible patience of some of the expert users have with bumbling beginner's problems.

Such a nice place to visit.

Dale