Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Creating HTML-Newsletter with Xara Pro

Hello,

can anybody help me? My question is if it is possible to crate HTML newsletters with Xara Pro. Please note, that I do not mean newsletter as a PDF file (sended as an attachement), I want create HTML file which I can import in a html mail in Outlook 2003.

The problem what I see is that after makeing an html export in Xara is, that beside the html file and images files there are also is created a css file and a js file (JS) which I think Outlook can not handle (CSS and JS).

Am I right? Does anybody habe some ideas or solutions?

The other (but not so "elegant") solution could be to create whole Newsletter as a image (picture, jpg, gif) and insert it into the html email.

But problem I see here is, if anybody does has blocked html / or pictures in Outlook he will then see nothing (?)

Any ideas? Thanks for help.

TomTom

Default Re: Creating HTML-Newsletter with Xara Pro

Welcome Welcome TomTom

You are referring to an e-mail based newsletter I assume?

Why not create your HTML newsletter as an on-line website, and in your e-mail message provide links to the newsletter, and the various areas of the newsletter?

Then you get the best of both.

Also, you can use something like Twitter to alert your readers that there is a new newsletter posted.

Gary

Arrow Re: Creating HTML-Newsletter with Xara Pro

Hi TomTom.

I have never used Outlook but I have used Outlook Express quite a lot.

I went through a process of creating an HTML type e-mail and did all the artwork to make it look nice etc... etc... etc...

The problem I found was that whenever I sent these HTML e-mails, they went straight into the recipient's junk folder. I tried many times and looked at various HTML e-mails that many companies send but could never get to the bottom of why these e-mails of mine were going into the receipient's junk mail folder.

I'm not sure about Outlook but in Outlook Express there are settings you have to change before you can send HTML e-mails.

I know I have not given you the answer you were hoping or looking for but I wanted to tell you about the experience I had.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Welcome Welcome TomTom

You are referring to an e-mail based newsletter I assume?

Why not create your HTML newsletter as an on-line website, and in your e-mail message provide links to the newsletter, and the various areas of the newsletter?

Then you get the best of both.

Also, you can use something like Twitter to alert your readers that there is a new newsletter posted.

Gary
    Hi, Gary,

yes, about this I did also think. This means to make a short mail and then link to the online-version of this newsletter on the server / hosting. So then the design will be only a picture and links with html or buttons. But in the end I will be only able to do the graphic works with Xara, even when I use XX an the X webdesigner.

But if I create with X webdesigner I will have css and js created and this will not go in the html email I tried.

So in the end best will be to make all grafics and button with Xara an make usual layout for the html mail with tables / colums etc.

TomTom

Quote Originally Posted by Rik View Post
    Hi TomTom.

I have never used Outlook but I have used Outlook Express quite a lot.

I went through a process of creating an HTML type e-mail and did all the artwork to make it look nice etc... etc... etc...

The problem I found was that whenever I sent these HTML e-mails, they went straight into the recipient's junk folder. I tried many times and looked at various HTML e-mails that many companies send but could never get to the bottom of why these e-mails of mine were going into the receipient's junk mail folder.

I'm not sure about Outlook but in Outlook Express there are settings you have to change before you can send HTML e-mails.

I know I have not given you the answer you were hoping or looking for but I wanted to tell you about the experience I had.
    Yes Rik in Outlook 2003 you can choose betwenn plain text or html mail also. Problem with spam is true, such can happen, but also with plain text.

TomTom

Hi TomTom.

May I ask if you want me to dig out all the stuff I did for HTML e-mails?

Just let me know.

The only thing is that all that stuff is on my old PC. It will take me a few days.

So, if you want me to and you are willing to wait, then I will try and find the info.

Rik.

Hi Rik,

Yes, this would be great if you can do so and thanks. I will wait some days, no problem.

TomTom
    Last edited by Soquili; 04 June 2009 at 02:13 PM. Reason: removed unnecessary quote of previous post

Hi TomTom.

I dug out my old PC and fired it up.

Started Outlook Express and I knew what was going to happen!
    Outlook Express collected all my e-mails from all my webMAIL accounts!
    I shall not bore you with how many e-mails that was.

Anyway, I have attaced a .zip file.

Open it and read the instructions.
    That's how it works in Outlook Express. Not sure about Outlook as I have never used it.

Rik.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Great thanks Rik !!!

that works fine.

TomTom

Hi TomTom.

Did you manage to do what you wanted or were you just being kind by thanking me?

If what I posted was not the right thing then please tell me. I may have misunderstood what you were looking for?!

Rik.