Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I must say until all of the latest posts I to thought it to have some sort of religious ties. Unless it is made more clear I think it could turn some potential clients away for that very reason.

Quinn

Hi John
    I really like the first logo ....
    clean white and easy to see

cheers ><> Coldzone

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Allison Moore:
    #1 is the best of the three, typeface-wise, for its simplicity and accessibility, as the others have mentioned.

About 10% of the population is "color-challenged", and that 10% is predominantly male. So if your primary target audience is male, you may want to take that into account.

I'm not "color-challenged", but the particular green/blue combination strikes me as a bit sharp (meaning uncomfortable, rather than hip http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif). OTOH, it does stand out. Do the colors have any particular significance to you, or is it just a combination you worked out? You might want to consider a combination that's a tad warmer.

I'm also concerned about the number of complicating factors -- the bevel highlight on the blue, the bevel on the disk and the drop shadow. They look nice and provide interesting depth, but they may not work well in some situations. For example, I can see the full-out version as a big, lovely sign on the wall, but I'm not sure it will read quite so well on letterhead. And reducing this logo to fit on a business card could turn all that detail into mush.

Some of the experts here can give you guidance on considerations such as commercial printing and use in multiple media. Why don't you do a search on logos in the forum? There've been several threads on the subject, and Gary has some excellent tutorials.

Even with all that, it's a pretty decent start for a guy who's just a programmer. http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/wink.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, they don't have any significance. I, for some reason, just started with those colors. I have a few other examples with different colors.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Quinn:
    well John,
    personaly I like the green, though I've always like green, but not so sure about the blue ontop of it. The drop shadows and the bevel on the circle I think look good and I don't beleive you should have to much problem reducing to business card size. You could take your art down to a local print shop and ask them to print you out a sample page. I know I have a very friendly printer close to home that lets me do that from time to time. Just came to me...how bout loosing the bevel on the "C" and adding a drop shadow to make it seem more part of the word "Christian". Its partly to do with personal preference. Atleast thats how I figure it. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you think the "C" should be green as well?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Quinn:
    I must say until all of the latest posts I to thought it to have some sort of religious ties. Unless it is made more clear I think it could turn some potential clients away for that very reason.

Quinn <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for all of your input. You have really helped me. I got busy this week and haven't had a chance to work on it anymore but all of your ideas have really helped.

As far as this having faith based or religious ties, it does. Our target market is churches and ministries. Don't want to use this for advertising and plug the company so I'll leave it at that.

I will follow up and post the final logo for you.

Again, thank you very much.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sheffield Abella:
    Here is a logo I did for a client. It shouldn't be any msytery what this client does. Even if you can't exactly figure out what their service is, it should be obvious that it involves money.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You make a good point, but the pedant in me wonders whether you intended your example logo to refer to "manangement". http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/wink.gif

I realise that this is not an ideal way to introduce myself to the group, but I'm afraid I couldn't resist. Back to lurking...

Welcome Grim Reaper,

The guys here are pretty even tempered and very helpful, unless you go off topic too much... Then they just beat you senseless with your mouse cord. I should know... http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/wink.gif http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif I have been beat some many times I have no sense at all.