Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How to open set sized document?

Hi again,
    I would like to open docs with a specified size, how do I do that? PS gives you the option every time.
    THX

Default Re: How to open set sized document?

PhotoShop is a raster (bitmap) editor whereas Xtreme is a vector illustration application for resolution independent image creation which allows you to set the size on the canvas and on export, so unlike a raster editor it makes little sense to start with a specific size.

You can of course create your own page size templates and set one of them as the default page.
    You could even create a whole bunch of different size pages in a folder and add them to your clipart gallery.

Hello greenbug,

You don't get the size option in Xara as you do in Photoshop every time you create a new document, but you do get to create templates, which is just the same or better.

Open a new, blank document,
    Click Utilities > Options > Units,
    Change this to the units you want your page to be (e.g. cms or inches or pixels),
    Now click Page and set the size you want the current document to be (e.g. 8 inches x 10 inches if you chose inches above),
    Click OK.

OK, now click File > Save Template and give it a suitable name.
    If you want this document to be your default document size every time you click File > New, then also check the box at the upper right of this window that says Use as default template.

You can create up to 12 templates (I only found that out here a few days ago!). If you want more you'll have to ask Xara to put that feature in the next version
    Last edited by kinetica; 31 May 2009 at 09:00 PM.

put another way:

in PS the document you open is the bitmap itself

in xtreme the document is a workspace area which includes a page area and a grey outer margin area, into which you can import, work on and manipulate multiple images/objects individually or all at the same time...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Wow, Thanks to U all again! I needed those explanations. I'll play around with my options, try to get used to the "xtreme way" of things.
    Trually apprieciated
    RG